Highlands vs. Cov. Cath. Predictions

Henry521

Who wins?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Not this one. He smartly did do some pooch kids and I believe CCH recovered one of them.

Again, I don't have a problem with it. No offence but he hasn't had much time to work on it this year. He only kicked off 3 times in the first two games...

I can't believe I'm defending CCH's coach...:irked:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I don't have a problem with it. No offence but he hasn't had much time to work on it this year. He only kicked off 3 times in the first two games...

No argument. I'm just telling you that the one punttheball mentioned was not a pooch.

I agree that you can work on some things when you are up 35-0. You could also say that CCH has only kicked off 8 times in the first three game, so they should work on there regular kick off coverage. Not trying to be a softy, but an onside kick when you are up 35 is tasteless. BTW- The kick I am talking about was a traditional onside kick, not a pooch kick.

Seriously, what are the chances that HHS attempts an onside kick at some point in this game?

A) 100%

B) >/=50%

C)

D) 0%

It seems that HHS will often take this chance at a time when they start getting on a role and building momentum.

As I said before, HHS (and any KY team, for that matter) cannot take CCH lightly, or CCH will come out on top. The 'Birds will have to bring their best game on Saturday.

Doesn't matter if you are up 3 or 30 points, if the other team is showing a weakness, you exploit it. Dixie's line was peeling back on kicks and the Birds took advantage of it as well. I do not always agree with the timing, but you got to play each down fully or you are cheating your own team out.

That being said I think Dale will have the boys pumped up and focused. Birds roll by 3-4 TD's. Henry, (Dear Abbey / Tail Gator ) let us Kenton Countians in on the secret meeting spot.

Go BIRDS

How is CCH's offensive and defensive line play?

Also, any word on when Buckley will be back for CCH?

O-line seems to be a work in progress. They showed some signs of life in the Dixie game when they moved their best o-lineman , Schulte, to guard. However, the kid at center, Hodge, got hurt so I don't know where that stands. Its a young line - only Schulte played last year. Big tackle who is still developing and should be pretty good next year.

D-line: Not bad. Kevin Stewart has been a pleasant surprise at end. The middle of the D seems to be susceptible to the big play but still solid. Michael Jacobs does a nice job playing LB with a safety's build. Solid core of LBs with Jacobs and Brueggeman - missing Van Sant and Buckley hurts - would be a GREAT LB corp with all of them.

Not sure about the DBs yet - inconsistent might describe them as they, too, are green.

I'd be surprised to see Buck back this year or at least back at the level of being able to contribute anywhere near the pre-injury level. Darn shame.

I see this game the same way I saw the Bengals-Browns game. Way over matched and won't be much of a game. With that said, that didn't work out. I do think HHS will win this game, but you can never take CovCath for granted. As for kicking an onside kick as classless when you are up 35-0, not sure i agree with it. I would have to say it will happen Saturday.

Hopefully they keep working on kicking it deep. At least once anyway.

Returning kicks and punts is something every Highlands team I've ever seen is very good at. Not only do you get 6 points, but it is a huge momentum builder. Then once Highlands has momentum they are tough to slow down. The bottom line is that Highlands is very well coached in all aspects of the game. If CCH can keep the big play from building momentum for Highlands, then I think CCH can hang around for a chance at the end. CCH will have to play a near perfect game.

Just returned back from my own little recon mission for tailgating this Sat in Park Hills. Looks like we should have a place to park. I would rather not say where it is because of the latest debacle at Cov-Cath a few weeks back. Not saying anybody would drop the hammer on us but you never know. It is Cov-Cath week!!!!! If anybody would like to join the party you can PM me.