Highlands vs. Trotwood Madison

Who wins the game?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too many HHS supporters picking Trotwood and I don't have a problem with those that do. That just shows how tough a game this is going to be. I would rather have the honesty than those who would pick their team even if they were playing UL. I would hope that players who visit this site take everything with a grain of salt, regardless of the poster's role on their high school team as that is irrelevant to their opinions today. The player's just need to keep their focus on the next game and they'll be ok.
Excellent post! People come here, not to have a pep rally for their teams, but to share their honest opinions. Expressing the feeling that one's team might not be the victor, has no bearing on whether or not a person had a big role while playing for their team. Actually, the better a player from the past was and/or the more knowledgeable a fan is, the more likely they are to maintain their objectivity. They are the people from whom you'll get a true assessment of a team's abilities and weaknesses. And that's what BGP is all about! :thumb:

If you'll recall, mobile QBs have done some damage to HHS in the past. I specifically recall some Elder games where the only offense they needed was a QB draw because it was never really stopped.

Given the run/pass option, look for HHS to rush only 2 or 3, keep the 5 LB umbrella for containment on the QB and 3 or 4 in the secondary guarding deep coverage. Occasionally they'll send a LB or 2 after the QB, but just to get some pressure and change things up.

Highlands can win this one. Its not a KY team versus an OH team. On the field, it is Highlands versus Trotwood. I do believe that a team can beat a group of talented individuals. Play with pride. Hit them as hard as you can, so that when the game is over they remember who hit them.

Highland has talent.

This Cov Cath guy will be pulling for Highlands.

First off, I believe HHS will win this game. I think they have overall better "Team" talent and that will be a factor in this game. I don't want to say anything to offend anyone but we will see in this game that it takes more than a few individual players to win big games. IMO that individualism will be exposed by HHS.

For the life of me, I can not believe I read on here from parents/supporters of players that they believe that another team, ie; Trotwood is going to win. Don't know about your kids, but mine does read this and if he would see on BGP or anywhere else for that matter, that his Dad/community didn't think his team was going to win, that would be a little disheartening for him. Now he is mature enough to realize that some people on here didn't really have a big role while playing for their teams, so he takes most things on here with a grain of salt. With that said, shame on those who don't support their team. For those who do, I'm sure the team thanks you!

Support the team... support the kids who are now working their A's off to get prepared for Sunday's match-up and support the coaches who are and have been spending endless hours in getting the Birds ready for a big "W." Period! Oh yea... thanks to all BGPers for supporting the Birds this week!

Highlands can win this one. Its not a KY team versus an OH team. On the field, it is Highlands versus Trotwood. I do believe that a team can beat a group of talented individuals. Play with pride. Hit them as hard as you can, so that when the game is over they remember who hit them.

Highland has talent.

This Cov Cath guy will be pulling for Highlands.

Thanks for the support and your right it Highlands vs. Trotwood not Ky. vs Oh. :thumb:

Check him out for yourself....Can you say Vince Young!

1:30 seconds in I don't think I have EVER seen a QB make a better play then that in H.S.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/DomonickBrittTrotwood_2008.htm

What is more impressive in this video...

A: Britt's running ability

B. Britt's arm

C. His receivers

D. All the above

I choose

A. his running ability against the same handfull of horrible defenses that were on that video. It did not prove anything to me about his talent, just the lack of theirs.

B. his arm was ok, not the best I have seen. Honestly, can't believe I am going to say this, but I think there are two QB's on HHS with a better arm. One of them being the JV QB. I watched him pick apart a very good Louisville Male.

C. The receivers were ok, nothing to write home about. This video did not really jump out at me. If you put together a video of some plays from HHS from the past few years, that would be a good video.

D. I choose all of the above since that is what its gonna take for them to beat Highlands. I know that I am biased as I should be. No, maybe I never amounted to much in my football career. But I do know a great team when I see one.

This year's HHS team is going to shock all of you nonbelievers out there. They may not have all of the over-hyped D1 prospects from the school that I have never heard of prior to them landing on the birds' schedule, but they are a TEAM. I think that Dale and the boys in blue will hang in this one, and in the end, you will see the best high school football team in the state of Kentucky out there-Regardless of how many meaningless divisions they decide to split the state into, the birds are the best team I have seen in years. So Mr. Britt meet Mr. Stein. Play nice!:fight:

Honestly, I am just psyched that this many people are talking about this game. I am not going to keep going on and on talking about my biased toward my alma mater, but just say this going to be a great game at a great field with a great crowd. I am so jacked up that football is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ram Attack.. do you have any clips on Shaw? I hear he is considerably faster/quicker than Britt is it true? Maybe some Beechwood fans could give feedback on him he came from Alter.

If I'm no mistaken didn't Beechwood give Alter a heck of a game last year????

Come on now, on that video, 1 WR went to Eastern Michigan, 1 to Michigan, 1 to Purdue. QB going to UC, passed on WVU, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, and Oregon.

I doubt HHS has any QB's better than Britt. I think its jsut your bias. How many offers does Cecil have? Can Guidugli beat out Cecil? Thats what I thought.

Trotwood is on a Mission this season. HHS will soon find out. They played Colerain to 7-6 loss to the Cards in the Game scrimmage.

Trotwood will be ready for HHS, the question is who has HHS faced to be ready for what Trotwood is going to throw at them?

Ram Attack.. do you have any clips on Shaw? I hear he is considerably faster/quicker than Britt is it true? Maybe some Beechwood fans could give feedback on him he came from Alter.

Shaw is one of Ohio's fastest players. Won the national track meet as well. Videos on http://www.twoodfootball.com then click player videos. And Shaw will be playing RB at Penn State. Passing on Michigan, Florida, Nebraska, Tennessee, and WVU. But I guess HHS has 2 better RB as well.

Shaw is one of Ohio's fastest players. Won the national track meet as well. Videos on http://www.twoodfootball.com then click player videos. And Shaw will be playing RB at Penn State. Passing on Michigan, Florida, Nebraska, Tennessee, and WVU. But I guess HHS has 2 better RB as well.

Is #44 the linebacker going to Nebraska.. how big is that kid. That's a big dude right there. Is he related to Greg Oden?

Oh and don't take the HHS fan's personally they have a lot of pride in their program. I doubt their players are going around saying they are going to win by 2-3 TD's like the fans are on here. Although, i'm surprised they would say that considering their past with OH. I don't think the players are trying to rowl the Rams up like the fans are so don't take it personally.