Who wins the game?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy's and Joe's????

I know this is all in fun. And I as much as anyone like to fuel the fire....LOL show a little gamesmanship.

Personally, I see this game as a good matchup. Its my understanding there are a lot of 2 way players for HHS. And I think Trotwood will wear them down. Trotwood has 1 player going both ways and he rotates on both sides of the ball. So I do not think the same game will be played in the 3rd and 4th as in the 1st and early 2nd quarters.

Highlands uses a lot of players both ways. Most of the WR's will play a lil DB. Highlands' main weapon is RB Josh Conner, he is a good back but he is far from Shaw. Highlands' O/D line is not real big but they are good blockers. From what I have seen on tape TM has some big boys on the O/D line. TM should have the heavy advantage there. Highlands best defensive player is Fitzgerald (IMO) he is #60 I believe.. not huge guy but he's a good tackler. I am sure Shaw will be his assignment.

Highlands is not a power team. They are speed and finesse team.

They don't do to many fancy teams.. Cecil will throw over the middle, keep it under pressure, they used to run the "Jet sweep" where they have a running back in motion to one side.. that was there bread in butter play, but im not sure if they still run it. They wont do to many tricky things but run a reverse on the kick/punt returns.

You never answered me on #44 from TM how big is that kid... is he a LB or DE he is a monster.

I like Highlands.. that's why I am saying to stop trying to rowl them up.. TM is not the kinda team you wanna add fuel to the fire. Especially when all the HHS players are probably being respectul towards TM. Dale wouldn't have them egging it on.

So our Ohio friends don't get the wrong impression of the spelling abilities of all of us, I feel compelled to point out that the bolded word should be "riled". I don't normally point out typos, but since others have started using the word rowl, I had to make the correction.

Sportz Addict, and please, lets allow TM to do their own scouting report on Highlands, that is if you like Highlands as you so claim.

Britt knows how to run with the ball but they say his arm mechanics have improved drastically this year, but if it's speed you like I am sure their transfer running back I believe his name is Shaw.. will provide that. He's more in the 4.4 range.

What kinda D do you see the Birds using this week to counter the attack? Fitzgerald will be criticial.

Michael Shaw was on Kettering Alter's D-III runner-up team. He ran for 70 yards on 9 carries and 1 TD(42 yd run) and caught 1 pass for a 50 yard TD. They lost to Stubenville 34-33.

Shaw has committed to Penn State. Shaw is 6'1" 192 RB.

Here are their other players who have committed to D-1 schools:

Doug Rippy 6'3" 220 LB (University of Nebraska)

Roy Roundtree WR ( Purdue U.)

Domonick Britt QB ( Cincinnati)

Brandon Moore TE ( Michigan )

Besides Shaw and Rippy there is 4 new kids that have transferred in to Trotwood, there are:

Jamlihr Williams 6'2 234 LB (Lima Senior)

Keith-Sean Foster 6'6 230 Two-way Lineman ( Chaminade- Julienne)

Norman Young 6'1 175 WR/DB (Northridge)

Keith Woods 6'2 280 OL (Dunbar)

All these players plus a good returning class make Trotwood the Preseason #1 in D-II in Ohio.

I know Highlands has played teams with alot of talent, I honestly think that TM has the most talent a Highlands team has seen.

Here is some side notes.

A D-II school in Ohio has 365 to 523 boys. Trotwood has 472 boys.

Jet Sweep!!!!!!!!! Someone needs to get out of the house more often. I guess i have been following the wrong Highlands Football team lately. The Highlands Football team i have been following throws the football 99.99% of the time.:sssh:

Actually, I liked the jet sweep and wish we'd do it more. Heck, maybe Dale will read this site and follow my suggestion:jump:. And we pass the ball way too much for my liking. Unfortunately, I think that Collinsworth guy has Dale's ear:banana:. Just run the ball dang it.

So our Ohio friends don't get the wrong impression of the spelling abilities of all of us, I feel compelled to point out that the bolded word should be "riled". I don't normally point out typos, but since others have started using the word rowl, I had to make the correction.

Sportz Addict, and please, lets allow TM to do their own scouting report on Highlands, that is if you like Highlands as you so claim.

I love this post.

Will be a great game fellas, I look for both teams to play hard and fight till the end.

Well, if the emotion contained in this thread is any indication of the emotion shown at Nippert Sunday evening, we're all going to be in for one heckuva game!:thumb:

Seriously though, given that these two programs have NEVER played one another, and play in two separate states, sharing no common opponents, and that it's week two of the season, what can any of us really know about how this game will go??? It could be close, or it could be a blowout in either direction... who knows??? On paper at least (which is all we really have to go by), the matchup looks great! The venue for the game is great!!! I hope the game is great!!!!

As for HHS, if they win then that's wonderful. But I know Dale well enough to know that he has ONE thing on his mind, and that's winning no. 17 this December. This is a great game for HHS to play in, since the talent level of T-M sounds crazy good and the game is early in the season, giving the HHS coaching staff some time to make any necessary adjustments that will be helpful in the postseason. As long as we don't have injuries, then this game is a "win-win" situation for the 'Birds.

With all that said, I hope the 'Birds come home Sunday night 2-0!!!! Go 'Birds!

One last thing: the more I look at HHS' schedule, the more I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! You got this game, which lets the kids play at Nippert and say they got to play in the Herbie, and it's against a team (T-M) with outstanding athletes on it, providing a wonderful early-season test. Ryle is now a NKY power on the rise in football, eager to prove their new status. Then you got games at LexCath and at Central, both of whom are favored to win their respectives classes this year. Hopkinsville has a solid team each year, and it sounds like Madison Central does this year as well. Add to this a district schedule that has two teams (CCH and Dixie) who will be very tough by the time HHS plays them, and it's an all-around great schedule!!!!

PS I just became an "All American" with this post (no. 2500)!!!!!

I am glad to see HHS play somebody in Ohio that's not a GCL school or Colerain and is closer to their own size. I like their chances. Cov Cath and other NKY schools please take note.

In CovCath's case it as much about the guaranteed $$$ then it is about taking down a GCL South member. I know the Purple Nation of Elder gives CovCath a nice check to take home with the likely loss you get when you play at the Pit.