Highlands vs. Trotwood Madison

Who wins the game?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

First off, I believe HHS will win this game. I think they have overall better "Team" talent and that will be a factor in this game. I don't want to say anything to offend anyone but we will see in this game that it takes more than a few individual players to win big games. IMO that individualism will be exposed by HHS.

For the life of me, I can not believe I read on here from parents/supporters of players that they believe that another team, ie; Trotwood is going to win. Don't know about your kids, but mine does read this and if he would see on BGP or anywhere else for that matter, that his Dad/community didn't think his team was going to win, that would be a little disheartening for him. Now he is mature enough to realize that some people on here didn't really have a big role while playing for their teams, so he takes most things on here with a grain of salt. With that said, shame on those who don't support their team. For those who do, I'm sure the team thanks you!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM is better than Col. De Sales.

Not a D1 like Elder, X, Moeller, or Colerain. People in Cincy tend to look down on D2 schools but that is a good division of football.

A D2 but still a good football team. Who scrimmaged Colerain, and in the game situation played them to a 6-7 loss, but Colerain O did not score in the game portion of it. They did score 3 times in the Goal Line part of the scrimmage. Plus the TM Kicker who also punts, was out of town die to family. So the Freshman kicker and they rotated punters went vs Colerain.

From what I heard Trotwood was up 6-0 in the actual scrimmage (2nd half) and Colerain blocked a punt late in the game to get there only TD and won 7-6. This was at Colerain also.

I agree with you Trotwood isn't one of the Ohio brand names but they are going to give Highlands everthing they want and then some. Dominick Britt is the best QB in Ohio he's electric, 6'5 180 runs a 4.6, he can throw 50 yard bullets and out run defenses. This game will be worth the 13 dollar admission to see! Highlands will not see a bigger more physical defense all year.

First off, I believe HHS will win this game. I think they have overall better "Team" talent and that will be a factor in this game. I don't want to say anything to offend anyone but we will see in this game that it takes more than a few individual players to win big games. IMO that individualism will be exposed by HHS.

For the life of me, I can not believe I read on here from parents/supporters of players that they believe that another team, ie; Trotwood is going to win. Don't know about your kids, but mine does read this and if he would see on BGP or anywhere else for that matter, that his Dad/community didn't think his team was going to win, that would be a little disheartening for him. Now he is mature enough to realize that some people on here didn't really have a big role while playing for their teams, so he takes most things on here with a grain of salt. With that said, shame on those who don't support their team. For those who do, I'm sure the team thanks you!

Not too many HHS supporters picking Trotwood and I don't have a problem with those that do. That just shows how tough a game this is going to be. I would rather have the honesty than those who would pick their team even if they were playing UL. I would hope that players who visit this site take everything with a grain of salt, regardless of the poster's role on their high school team as that is irrelevant to their opinions today. The player's just need to keep their focus on the next game and they'll be ok.

Dominick Britt is the best QB in Ohio he's electric, 6'5 180 runs a 4.6, he can throw 50 yard bullets and out run defenses.

I hear he shoots fireballs out of his eyes and can crack opponents helmets just by breathing on them.:eek:

I would be unbelievably proud if Highlands pulls off an upset against a well known Ohio team. We have had some bad experiances against Ohio and I would really like to remove that streak from our backs.

I hear he shoots fireballs out of his eyes and can crack opponents helmets just by breathing on them.:eek:

I would be unbelievably proud if Highlands pulls off an upset against a well known Ohio team. We have had some bad experiances against Ohio and I would really like to remove that streak from our backs.

Check him out for yourself....Can you say Vince Young!

1:30 seconds in I don't think I have EVER seen a QB make a better play then that in H.S.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/DomonickBrittTrotwood_2008.htm

What is more impressive in this video...

A: Britt's running ability

B. Britt's arm

C. His receivers

D. All the above

These are last years stats before they added the transfers includind the RB and MLB.

Sorry birdie fans I hate to do it to ya guys I like ya guys and I HOPE i'm wrong...

Trotwood 42

Highlands 14

You like us but think we're going to get slaughtered; very un-Spartan like:D .

Birds will be fine. We've played talented teams in the past with less talent on our team. If the Birds play up to their potential; avoid silly mistakes and turnovers; and keep their heads in the game, then this game will be decided by a Drew Bathiany field goal as the clock winds down. Drew, start the mental preparedness right now.

This week in practice, every player has to give one hundred percent. Subs have to not only push the starters, but need to make sure they themselves are ready to go in the game when needed. Every player on Highlands team needs to pay close attention to the coaches (particularly this week) and really work hard.

Check him out for yourself....Can you say Vince Young!

1:30 seconds in I don't think I have EVER seen a QB make a better play then that in H.S.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/DomonickBrittTrotwood_2008.htm

What is more impressive in this video...

A: Britt's running ability

B. Britt's arm

C. His receivers

D. All the above

These are last years stats before they added the transfers includind the RB and MLB.

After watching this film, 4.69 speed is decently fast, but not amazingly fast. I really do think that all of Highlands linebackers and defensive backs are close to that speed, if not the same. It seems to me that Trotwood's offensive line screwed up a bunch of assignments and/or got beat a few times, causing him to scramble. Another thing is, I wonder how many short passes he completes because there aren't any shown on the video (this may be for the hype of the highlight tape). If there is one thing that Highlands is good at, it is adjusting to teams strengths every week and attacking their weaknesses. I feel better about our chances after watching these clips. From what I have seen, our defense does not allow quarterbacks to scramble back and forth across the field 3 times in one play or especially the long ball. Let show them what we've got.

FWIW Britt completed 76% of his passes last week.

Last years OL was not that good. This years is MUCH better. Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Probably the best OL Trotwood has had in some years.

That highlight clip was not an accurate sampling of his play. The Trotwood O is all about short to intermediate passing. With some shots down field.

And I assure you 4.69 is not what he runs. He will be faster than most anyone on the field. Just wait, you'll see.

Last years OL was not that good. This years is MUCH better. Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Probably the best OL Trotwood has had in some years.

That highlight clip was not an accurate sampling of his play. The Trotwood O is all about short to intermediate passing. With some shots down field.

And I assure you 4.69 is not what he runs. He will be faster than most anyone on the field. Just wait, you'll see.

Ram, have you made a predictinon for this game?

I wouldn't be surprised if this game is close down to the final quarter, with conditioning playing a major role in who wins. From the sound of it, this is very likely going to be the best team HHS faces all year (including potential Class 5A playoff opponents). It would be great if HHS could get the win against such a solid team in such a great venue (the Herbie). Even though I can't point to a factual reason to support this prediction, I'll say that the motivation of beating a high-caliber OH team pushes the 'Birds over the top:

HHS 28

T-M 24

Go 'Birds!!!

After watching this film, 4.69 speed is decently fast, but not amazingly fast. I really do think that all of Highlands linebackers and defensive backs are close to that speed, if not the same. It seems to me that Trotwood's offensive line screwed up a bunch of assignments and/or got beat a few times, causing him to scramble. Another thing is, I wonder how many short passes he completes because there aren't any shown on the video (this may be for the hype of the highlight tape). If there is one thing that Highlands is good at, it is adjusting to teams strengths every week and attacking their weaknesses. I feel better about our chances after watching these clips. From what I have seen, our defense does not allow quarterbacks to scramble back and forth across the field 3 times in one play or especially the long ball. Let show them what we've got.

Britt knows how to run with the ball but they say his arm mechanics have improved drastically this year, but if it's speed you like I am sure their transfer running back I believe his name is Shaw.. will provide that. He's more in the 4.4 range.

What kinda D do you see the Birds using this week to counter the attack? Fitzgerald will be criticial.

How big is that 44 he looks like Javon Kearse at defensive end?

Britt knows how to run with the ball but they say his arm mechanics have improved drastically this year, but if it's speed you like I am sure their transfer running back I believe his name is Shaw.. will provide that. He's more in the 4.4 range.

What kinda D do you see the Birds using this week to counter the attack? Fitzgerald will be criticial.

After watching the HHS vs. Ryle Game last week, I honestly cannot single out one of the linebackers because they all were in on every tackle. Ball, Hurtt, Stein, Roller, and Fitzgerald all were in on the tackle depending on who was in at the time. Ball and Fitz both had picks. Hurtt looked a lot faster than last season and seemed to be right around the ball every time. I think he picked up a couple of fumbles. But my point is, Highlands' defense revolves around the linebackers. You don't need to be a brain scientist to figure that out. They run the same defense as the 04 HHS team ran when they won state. If all of the assignments are done correctly, they should have no holes to run the ball through. This also depends on the D Line to plug the gaps and the defensive backs covering anything over 20 yards past the line of scrimmage.

On offense, I really like our chances. After seeing the developed passing game last week, I like Cecil with the ball in his hands picking apart the defense. As long as the recievers can catch the ball, we are golden. The tight ends need to keep the good work up. Our line is GOOD, probably the best since the 2000 championship team. If we can run something other than pitch and counter, we will score a couple of times on a breakaway.

Is it too late to change my vote? My mind tells me we will lose, but my heart says we will win. I will go with my gut and say:

HHS- 21

TM- 18