Highlands vs. Trotwood Madison

Who wins the game?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this one started, I think if the birds fix the mistakes from the Ryle game, they can beat TM.:thumb: :thumb:

Your thoughts??

I really hope that happens. Some Ohio schools have some great football traditions and this one certainly no exception. Glad to see the cakes taking on these teams. Just don't think a win is on the horizon

Let's get this one started, I think if the birds fix the mistakes from the Ryle game, they can beat TM.:thumb: :thumb:

Your thoughts??

Highlands can win this game. I lived in grew up in Cinti. and the only thing that will keep Ky teams from beating Ohio teams is perception. Everyone remembers the GCL from the 70's when Newport and Covington Cath. dropped out but since that time the Ky teams are alot better. I thought Highlands got a bad deal against ELDER in 2000 at Paul Brown and believe me they did ( I went to Elder in the 70's ) and alot of the times I am very biased but the officials made some horrible calls. In 2002 Trinity played Elder and throttled them and Elder went on to win the state that year. I guess what I am trying to say is the Northern Kentucky High schools have to quit going into these games thinking that it is a major accomplishment to beat an Ohio team. Just play as hard as you can and with a chip on the shoulder and show the Ohio teams that the talent is just as good or better and so is the coaching.:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

Highlands can win this game. I lived in grew up in Cinti. and the only thing that will keep Ky teams from beating Ohio teams is perception. Everyone remembers the GCL from the 70's when Newport and Covington Cath. dropped out but since that time the Ky teams are alot better. I thought Highlands got a bad deal against ELDER in 2000 at Paul Brown and believe me they did ( I went to Elder in the 70's ) and alot of the times I am very biased but the officials made some horrible calls. In 2002 Trinity played Elder and throttled them and Elder went on to win the state that year. I guess what I am trying to say is the Northern Kentucky High schools have to quit going into these games thinking that it is a major accomplishment to beat an Ohio team. Just play as hard as you can and with a chip on the shoulder and show the Ohio teams that the talent is just as good or better and so is the coaching.:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I couldn't of said it better!!!

GO BIRDS!!!

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

TM is loaded with D-1 talent. I know they have 3 or 4 kids that have transferred in from other schools such as Chaminade, Alter.

TM scrimmaged Colerain a couple of weeks ago, the first half Colerain dominated them 21 - 7 but the second half TM played right there with them. TM coach said it was a good test to see where they were at and he really liked how well his kids played.

Trotwood - Madison 24

Highlands 17

The seniors from HHS have been in a lot of big time games. Colerain, Elder, ST X, Columbus Desales. These games (all losses) have ranged from blowouts to game HHS should have won. I have faith in this group and with the experience they have they will find a way to win this game.

As much as I hate to say it, there's no real good reason to predict HHS to win this game. It sounds like T-M is loaded with studs and it sounds like they're hungry this year, given their lack of playoff success in the past years and recent influx of new talent. The HHS gameplan and execution better be at "A" level or else it's gonna be a long day.

As an aside, I am really glad that Dale and Co. were able to schedule this game. It's quite an honor to be invited to participate in the Herbie, and given that HHS' overall schedule isn't nearly as brutal as it has been in recent years, this game offers an early-season "laboratory" for the 'Birds to see where they're at.