What is NKY/Cincinnati Cuisine

swamprat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just missed Gliers Goetta fest last weekend on the river in Newport , but The great Inland Seafood Festival is there this weekend on the river right behind Newport on the Levee . As far as goetta try the Colonial Cottage (Earlanger ?) on the Dixie Highway near Dixie Heights High chool . Get the goetta nachos there .

Don't ever mix me in with NKY people. I hate it there, but the money is good. I live in Lexington, and NKY is no where close to being as friendly as Central KY. The majority of the people I have dealt with walk around with a big chip on their shoulders. Still trying to figure out why.

Actual conversation from a long ago night at the RG:

Waiter: Are you ready for your check, sir?

RTS: I'm just fine! And how are you?!

Yeah, you can be the interpretor...:rolleyes:

I was going to have a Mexican party and wanted them to cater it. I stopped in one afternoon and asked for the manager and asked if they would cater a party. He looked at me and asked "What does cater mean" . As much as I like their food, there was noway I was going to worry about translation issues when trying to serve 300 people. Oh, and yea, he told me the most they had ever served for a party was 25.

I had someone else grill good ole American burgers and hot dogs and threw in a few extra Mexican hats and moraccas.:dancingpa