Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scotty Hopson?

Featured Replies

Carruth ring a bell????? We don't need these kids that play when they want to. Let someone else have the headaches.....

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I should, but I do not invest as much into kids appearing not to show a lot of effort in High School as other people do.
I understand your point, but Hopson's blatant lack of effort is hard to overlook.
I dont think we need anymore guard for this class

Hopson's more of a swing man than a guard...

He's rated high enough to be a Cat.. if you go by that stuff. I hope we get the best in state talent each year.

He's rated high enough to be a Cat.. if you go by that stuff. I hope we get the best in state talent each year.[/QUOTE]

 

Unfortunately that won't be enough to bring the Cats back to where they want to be--KY just doesn't produce enough major D-1, in state talent, year in year out!!

He's rated high enough to be a Cat.. if you go by that stuff. I hope we get the best in state talent each year.[/QUOTE]

 

Unfortunately that won't be enough to bring the Cats back to where they want to be--KY just doesn't produce enough major D-1, in state talent, year in year out!!

 

Agreed but... isn't Hopson a 5 star, as well as Mackey? Miles is a 4 star. I would say this is a strong year for KY. But most years your prob right, nothing more then walk on/bench players.

 

Agreed but... isn't Hopson a 5 star, as well as Mackey? Miles is a 4 star. I would say this is a strong year for KY. But most years your prob right, nothing more then walk on/bench players.

 

Mackey is a 4 star just a few spots below Darius I believe. But yeah Scotty is a 5 star.

I don't care if Hopson was a 6 - Star player, I don't want to see him in a UK uni.

I understand your point, but Hopson's blatant lack of effort is hard to overlook.

 

It seems his "lack of effort", from what I've read, was mostly on his high school team.

Evidently he is tearing up the summer camp scene and impressing a lot of people, so there must not be a lack of effort there.

If he does decide to be a Wildcat, I don't think Billy Clyde will tolerate a lack of effort from him. And I'm sure Hopson will understand that very quickly and completely comply with the coach's demands.

On his high school team he is the King, but at UK he would be just one of the gang. Lack of effort would get him pushed way down the bench next to the water cooler.

Hasn't he already sign? (not with UK)

Hasn't he already sign? (not with UK)
He gave a "verbal" commitment to Miss. State, during his Junior year.
It seems his "lack of effort", from what I've read, was mostly on his high school team.

Evidently he is tearing up the summer camp scene and impressing a lot of people, so there must not be a lack of effort there.

If he does decide to be a Wildcat, I don't think Billy Clyde will tolerate a lack of effort from him. And I'm sure Hopson will understand that very quickly and completely comply with the coach's demands.

On his high school team he is the King, but at UK he would be just one of the gang. Lack of effort would get him pushed way down the bench next to the water cooler.

I think in this day and age, high school players with talent know their recruiting stock is made during the summer at camps and on AAU teams. I'm sure Hopson looks like a world beater during the summer when he knows the coaches are watching and the spotlight is on him. I haven't seen Hopson play in the summer but westsider is right on about his winter play. He'll take some plays off and isn't the hardest worker on defense...during the winter.

 

If you're a coach, what do you take more stock in? Hopson's ability to play with and against the best high school players in the nation during summer camps when the eyes of the recruiting world are on you, or his "game" when UHA is playing the Crittenden Countys and Fort Campbells in his own backyard and the college coaches are nowhere around?

It isn't just against the Crittenden Countys and Fort Campbells of the world ... anyone that watched Hopson play in the All A Classic a few months ago had to be alarmed and shocked at his performance and effort. And this was in a state tournament ...

  • Author
It seems his "lack of effort", from what I've read, was mostly on his high school team.

Evidently he is tearing up the summer camp scene and impressing a lot of people, so there must not be a lack of effort there.

If he does decide to be a Wildcat, I don't think Billy Clyde will tolerate a lack of effort from him. And I'm sure Hopson will understand that very quickly and completely comply with the coach's demands.

On his high school team he is the King, but at UK he would be just one of the gang. Lack of effort would get him pushed way down the bench next to the water cooler.

 

Just curious, how much of the summer basketball games have you seen? I have seen a lot of AAU events and all these all star camps. Its basically like an allstar game. AAU coaches don't have time to teach kids the proper way to play defense. And a lot of AAU coaches don't know much about defense. These summer games is all go 1 on 1 with no helpside and do what you want. The problem with Hopson is he plays like he is in an all star game every game.

IMO Hopson will be a big bust wherever he goes. And I hope I am wrong, but I do not want him at Kentucky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.