Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scotty Hopson?

Featured Replies

Apparently with the article in the Lexington Herald and all the rumors floating around Hopson is taking another casual look at UK. I have seen the kid play numerous times and he is probably the most talented kid in the state athletically. He has blown up this summer, but its in AAU summer ball atmospheres. Which means very little defense.

I believe with our situation we are better off to stay away from him and concentrate on Miller, Zeller, and other hardworking kids.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to agree. Up until this most recent camp all I heard about him was that he is talented but lazy.

Attitude, attitude, attitude.

Apparently with the article in the Lexington Herald and all the rumors floating around Hopson is taking another casual look at UK. I have seen the kid play numerous times and he is probably the most talented kid in the state athletically. He has blown up this summer, but its in AAU summer ball atmospheres. Which means very little defense.

I believe with our situation we are better off to stay away from him and concentrate on Miller, Zeller, and other hardworking kids.

I wouldn't say he's the most athletic in-state, but he's definitely athletic.

 

The game I saw him play he got shutdown. Then he quit on his team. I'd stay away from him, I think he's overrated. It's just my opinion too, who am I?

The one time I saw Hopson play he did a ton of standing. O and D. I cant get excited about that.

  • Author
I wouldn't say he's the most athletic in-state, but he's definitely athletic.

 

The game I saw him play he got shutdown. Then he quit on his team. I'd stay away from him, I think he's overrated. It's just my opinion too, who am I?

 

Thats arguable I guess, but what isn't arguable is athletically Miller, Mackey, and Hopson are all 3 as talented as anyone we have seen in this state in a while. I just don't know if Hopson will ever live up to his ability. He has a LONG way to go, that goes past just playing well in AAU games.

Woudn't be really happy to see him in a UK uni. He just doesn't care, saw him play a few times and it just made me sick to see a kid that could be that good and not ever try.

Scotty drew high praise from Vince Carter at the VC Nike Camp in Orlando. Hopson was the first one on the court and the last to leave. He graded high in all the drills screneing, moving without the ball, defensive position, and getting rebounds not in his zone. He's still committed to MSU but leaving the door open to UK and another. Plus since he's at University Heights you know Tennessee will get in but Hopson isn't a VOL fan nor a Pearl fan. He's got 2 good friends already at MSU and another committed there also.

 

Last year things got out of hand at UHA. ALL was to blame but Hopson took a blunt of the criticsm because of who he is. Hopson has NEVER been in trouble in school like so many of those internet rumors have indicated in the past year. He's a good student and is a good KID. Scotty and UHA will benefit from the coaching change that's taken place at University Heights. Knowing most of the administrators/coaches at UHA a change was definitely needed. Their coaches racist remarks during a practice made it to the Hopkinsville media during last season and that's when everything started to fall apart at UHA.

I only saw one full game and parts of two more this year, but he hardly seemed high level D-1 to me. Loads of raw talent, but not much "want to" and some serious attitude on occasion.

 

One quick stat--6 points (2 in the 2,3 & 4th quarters) vs. Brossart in the All "A" State semis, playing alongside a 6' 11" kid and guarded by a Thomas More recruit and a golfer--UK, I hope not!!!!

. ALL was to blame but Hopson took a blunt .

 

No wonder he was standing around a lot!;)

  • Author
Scotty drew high praise from Vince Carter at the VC Nike Camp in Orlando. Hopson was the first one on the court and the last to leave. He graded high in all the drills screneing, moving without the ball, defensive position, and getting rebounds not in his zone. He's still committed to MSU but leaving the door open to UK and another. Plus since he's at University Heights you know Tennessee will get in but Hopson isn't a VOL fan nor a Pearl fan. He's got 2 good friends already at MSU and another committed there also.

 

Last year things got out of hand at UHA. ALL was to blame but Hopson took a blunt of the criticsm because of who he is. Hopson has NEVER been in trouble in school like so many of those internet rumors have indicated in the past year. He's a good student and is a good KID. Scotty and UHA will benefit from the coaching change that's taken place at University Heights. Knowing most of the administrators/coaches at UHA a change was definitely needed. Their coaches racist remarks during a practice made it to the Hopkinsville media during last season and that's when everything started to fall apart at UHA.

 

 

Hopson simply did not play hard last year period. There is no doubt about that. From what I understand Hopson was listening to people other than his head coach and made the situation worse. Now, in summer ball he is once again showing how talented he is. But its easy to do that with the lack of defense that is played in the summer.

I would like to see Scotty play for UK. He is a great player, and could help out. I dont think he is as troubled as some say. Hopson will be a different player when his college career starts.

No wonder he was standing around a lot!;)
:lol:

Maybe I should, but I do not invest as much into kids appearing not to show a lot of effort in High School as other people do. Off the field issues I do.

 

But until someone is implanted in a big boy environment and required to grow up, often times the full skill set is not brought out. These kids sometimes seem larger than life and you expect so much more out of them. People forget they are 15, 16, 17 years old... not all has clicked yet.

I would like to see Scotty play for UK. He is a great player, and could help out. I dont think he is as troubled as some say. Hopson will be a different player when his college career starts.[/QUOTE]

 

Hopefully you're right on this matter because the talent is evident; but many a college coach has gone down in flames believing he can "change" these type kids!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.