Harlan's Sports Complex

This may not be the proper formn for this subject but here goes. After many years of waiting and raising money for these projects the Harlan City Schools have themselves a very nice and compact all sports complex. It was very nice to see kids using the track, baseball field, lighted tennis courts, and now a new softball field for the girls at the same time during the spring sports season. For a class A system with limited funds this complex is an example of having a plan and seeing it through. So from the top of Mountain Pride I would like to send my thanks to Sup. David Johnson and boardmember Joe Meadors for a job well done. Children and adults will have nice facilities to practice and compete for many years to come. BTW it was a real gesture to allow the track teams from Cumberland and Cawood to practice on Harlan's track. (SPORTSMANSHIP AT ITS FINEST)

Indeed Mountain Pride! Our facilities are very nice for our very limited budget. Also, the addition of the crushed tire material that will be added to the field this season will make the playing field that much nicer. Now all we need is an indoor practice facility! (Wishful thinking.)

Indeed Mountain Pride! Our facilities are very nice for our very limited budget. Also, the addition of the crushed tire material that will be added to the field this season will make the playing field that much nicer. Now all we need is an indoor practice facility! (Wishful thinking.)

I would personally like to see some emphasis put on remodeling the lockeroom area. That would be the most logical step to take in upgrading the athletic complex.

Have not been to the field in a few days looking forward to see how the process helps with the growth of the bermuda grass. It is supposed to be really something. How did the 7 on 7 go last night, wanted to attend but was out of town.

The 7 on 7 went well, Chase Jones looked great, i think only threw one int. and that was on a messed up route. Allen Hensley showed the most improvement and made some amazing catches on offense as well as some nice int's on defense. As expected, Bell Co. also looked great. Shaunte Zachary and Kyle Nelson should pose a threat to most mountain teams this year.

I would personally like to see some emphasis put on remodeling the lockeroom area. That would be the most logical step to take in upgrading the athletic complex.

Oh yes! That would be nice, some rubber all over the floor, couple of powerclean stations here and there, or maybe just a brand new lockeroom "complex" would be nice. There's nothing better than the Green Dragon Field, with the voice of David Luellin Davies in the Friday-Night Sky.

Now that is the job of my dreams, would be to replace the legend at the PA and spread all of this vast knowledge to the green nation. Have been honing my skills at the middle school level to modest reviews, something being said that I didn't metion (little Johnny enough) and I said but (little J can't play dead) so I may not move up. one can only dream.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumb:

Now that is the job of my dreams, would be to replace the legend at the PA and spread all of this vast knowledge to the green nation. Have been honing my skills at the middle school level to modest reviews, something being said that I didn't metion (little Johnny enough) and I said but (little J can't play dead) so I may not move up. one can only dream.

You got my vote MP when the DL decides to pack it in

I've got to see them practice and scrimmage first, so I can at least act like I know what I'm doing.

I'm calling over, and I think I'll stick with it. Cumberland could be favored in eight to 10 of its games this year, and I'd be surprised if any of the other teams win less than four games.

I watched a 7 on 7 last week with pineville, Harlan, middlesboro, and c-gap TN. No one looked that good, with middlesboro intimidating Harlan and c-gap was just much bigger and faster than pineville. The one area that I didn't like was there was no clock on the quarterback in which to get the ball off, and that made each defence work for a long time and in game situation's that will not be the case. It was nice to see a lot of present and former coaches working with their kids to get them ready for the upcoming season.