Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Savior is called up.......

Featured Replies

Is that a serious question? I mean I understand your point, but comparing possibly the best pitcher ever to Bronson is a bit much. It didn't matter how Clemens was handled when he was younger, he was born with that killer mentality that has made him what he is (it didn't hurt that he could really throw the ball either).

 

Ok, maybe Bronson doesn't throw that hard. However, you can find one of 50 pitchers in the MLB that have the same pitches, velocity...etc. 99% of MLB pitchers can "really throw the ball", that's why they're there. What they can't do is sell themselves on every pitch that they throw, shake off a ball that's hit 400+, know what pitch to throw in what situation, overcome errors by your defense, know their body and mechanics better than anyone and be able to fix themselves...etc.

 

Good...to great. If Bailey has that great of physical attributes than he should spend another few months in the minors to sharpen his mental skills. That 260 ft fly ball may end up in the cheap seats from now on...I hope he can handle it...

  • Replies 95
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I'll argue that with regards to the bolded, some really overestimate it. And again, those "phenoms" gone bad because they couldn't hack it in the show more than likely wouldn't have hacked it with more "seasoning" IMO. I agree he needs to grow up but why not do it here with the big club? I'm not saying he's the savior, not remotely, but he's currently as good as or better than what we have. I agree we should put him in the pen.

 

Surely you are better than this spindoc...

 

Or is this what I'm up against?

I thought it would be late June instead. I hope the fans, will not expect instant dominance, out of Bailey.

 

Give him 4-5 starts, to get acclimated and I hope he does well.

Surely you are better than this spindoc...

 

Or is this what I'm up against?

All I'm saying is that perhaps this cat can handle it. My feeling is that if he can't now, what indication is it that he can somehow later? If he's pitching out of the pen, other than getting physically ready, he just needs innings. I'd err on the side of caution if there is a chance he's not gonna get many innings and keep him in the same slot in Louisville, but with this staff, I highly doubt that to be the case.

Apparently it's not all about the option clock beginning to tick

 

Actually, I'd think this is the knee-jerk to the whole "super 2" stuff leaking out and Wayne and Bob not wanting to be defenseless in terms of not bringing him up.

 

I thought this was a bad idea a while ago, and I'll stick to it now. Demoting Livingston after his outing was silly.

 

I think there is a fine-line between gaining experience and having ones confidence battered. If he gets shelled and has to be sent back, how do you think that'll play long-term for the youngster?

 

I think the Ownership group is responding to the vocal casual fans, and that is rarely a good idea (see: Barry Larkin $27 million over 3 years).

Actually, I'd think this is the knee-jerk to the whole "super 2" stuff leaking out and Wayne and Bob not wanting to be defenseless in terms of not bringing him up.

 

I thought this was a bad idea a while ago, and I'll stick to it now. Demoting Livingston after his outing was silly.

 

I think there is a fine-line between gaining experience and having ones confidence battered. If he gets shelled and has to be sent back, how do you think that'll play long-term for the youngster?

 

I think the Ownership group is responding to the vocal casual fans, and that is rarely a good idea (see: Barry Larkin $27 million over 3 years).

 

Apparently it has zero affect...:rolleyes:

It will take more than Homer to fix the Reds problems.

Ok, maybe Bronson doesn't throw that hard. However, you can find one of 50 pitchers in the MLB that have the same pitches, velocity...etc. 99% of MLB pitchers can "really throw the ball", that's why they're there. What they can't do is sell themselves on every pitch that they throw, shake off a ball that's hit 400+, know what pitch to throw in what situation, overcome errors by your defense, know their body and mechanics better than anyone and be able to fix themselves...etc.

 

Good...to great. If Bailey has that great of physical attributes than he should spend another few months in the minors to sharpen his mental skills. That 260 ft fly ball may end up in the cheap seats from now on...I hope he can handle it...

 

I agree with your point, just didn't think the comparison was fair.:thumb:

 

I personally would have kept him down a little longer too.

If waiting one more month meant keeping him an additional year later, what a terrible move. Could not have had a better start than Livingston had in Coors and he got sent back. Along with a few offensive problems, the middle relief and a lack of a closer is killing them. Weathers is not the type of pitcher who can keep coming in with men on base. Not a strike out pitcher. Keep Homer at Home!!!!!!!!

If waiting one more month meant keeping him an additional year later, what a terrible move. !!!!

 

It does not.

Homer will help the bullpin problem a little. Put him, Belisle, and Livingston in the rotation and move Lohse to the pin, where he was when Minnisota traded him to the Reds. Get Bill Bray back and it will be better, not great, but certainly an improvement.

Homer will help the bullpin problem a little. Put him, Belisle, and Livingston in the rotation and move Lohse to the pen,

 

That will not happen.

You can not make that claim so decisively.

 

The thinking that there is a hard date that decides if he's eligible one year quicker is a fallacy. If that is a priority for the Reds, keep him down the entire season just to make sure. How will the Reds know if he will be in the "top 17% of all 2 year players in service time?" They won't so waiting one more month will have zero impact on the decision in one month.

 

THAT is how I'm so decisive.

I just bought tickets for Saturday Night. Go get em Homer!! :dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.