Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Savior is called up.......

Featured Replies

...then why do it against the Indians?
In state and attendance, will be high.
  • Replies 95
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In state and attendance, will be high.

 

If its a chance to sell tickets, why do it against the Indians where you've already sold a lot of tickets?

In state and attendance, will be high.

 

It already would be high, so Bailey wouldn't add that much more to the bottom line.

I'll be satisfied if he hits T. Hafner every at bat.

If its a chance to sell tickets, why do it against the Indians where you've already sold a lot of tickets?
I don't just mean for one game, but any time he pitches, the attendance numbers would increase.

You should NEVER guess as to what that date might be in 3 years and then make a decision off of it. That's poor decision making.

 

Disagree. If Homer is the long-term stud that everyone believes he will be (myself included), and the Reds are nowhere near contention, why not bring him up in August and let him get some August and September seasoning heading into next year? You can bet your bottom dollar that in two years, when he is going to arbitration and picking up a cool $4 or $5 million, someone will bring this back up and say what was the point.

 

Him coming up is 100% unneccesary right now. He is 21. Has limited AAA time under his belt. The team is scuffling and clearly approaching the crossroads for a couple of key players (Dunn and Griffey), him coming up right now smells like nothing but soothing a ticked off fan base.

Disagree. If Homer is the long-term stud that everyone believes he will be (myself included), and the Reds are nowhere near contention, why not bring him up in August and let him get some August and September seasoning heading into next year? You can bet your bottom dollar that in two years, when he is going to arbitration and picking up a cool $4 or $5 million, someone will bring this back up and say what was the point.

 

.

 

I think we said the same thing.

 

 

If that super 2 thing is a priority, you simply do not take a chance because "usually" and trends and forecasting do not cut it as far as determining when I can bring him up.

 

.

I am in the camp of leaving Homer in AAA. How many times will the Reds need a 5th starter in the coming weeks? Sometimes the days off fall so a team can go a couple of weeks without having to go to a 5th guy. Livingston pitched well enough to get the start. Not much will be gained attendance wise, Cleveland is pretty hot right now, there's the super 2 issue and the Reds cannot make up 10.5 games in one night.

The Reds have a day off every week this month...

I'm curious if all the big Krivsky fans out there - those of you that believe the man is (or was) on the perfect path to turn this team around - have lost a little faith in him for bringing up the Homer at such an obviously :rolleyes: inappropriate time.

I'm curious if all the big Krivsky fans out there - those of you that believe the man is (or was) on the perfect path to turn this team around - have lost a little faith in him for bringing up the Homer at such an obviously :rolleyes: inappropriate time.

 

If I thought Krivsky (and Krivsky alone) was behind this deal I'd take the bait. :D;) :sssh:

If I thought Krivsky (and Krivsky alone) was behind this deal I'd take the bait. :D;) :sssh:

 

I don't care much for Krivsky personally, but my question was actually sincere. I know there's quite a few out there that think he is definitely on track to turn this team around and some are the same people who think bringing up Homer is a monumental mistake. No trickery intended - just curious if this alters anyone's perception. Let's face it - if you are of the opinion that this is a terrible, stupid move, the man is in fact screwing around with one of the Reds biggest pitching prospects in a long, long time.

I don't care much for Krivsky personally, but my question was actually sincere. I know there's quite a few out there that think he is definitely on track to turn this team around and some are the same people who think bringing up Homer is a monumental mistake. No trickery intended - just curious if this alters anyone's perception. Let's face it - if you are of the opinion that this is a terrible, stupid move, the man is in fact screwing around with one of the Reds biggest pitching prospects in a long, long time.

 

I'm of the belief (maybe the lone ranger on this one) that this was strictly a knee-jerk move by ownership and not a Krivsky move. So no, IMHO, this neither props up nor runs down my opinion of Wayne.

I'm of the belief (maybe the lone ranger on this one) that this was strictly a knee-jerk move by ownership and not a Krivsky move. So no, IMHO, this neither props up nor runs down my opinion of Wayne.

 

Well then if so, what does that say about Krivsky's ability to do what he himself sees necessary to turn this catastophe around if others are making decisions for him - especially one of the more (most?) critical decisions that has been made this year.

Well then if so, what does that say about Krivsky's ability to do what he himself sees necessary to turn this catastophe around if others are making decisions for him - especially one of the more (most?) critical decisions that has been made this year.

 

If my theory is correct (and while I believe it is, I'm in no way assured of that) then it simply is another example of the Golden Rule; he with the gold makes the rules. No shock there. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.