Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK get Jai Lucas afterall?

Featured Replies

Of course he is still young at only 18. I'm sure given some time to mature, by the age of 19 he will likely look like this.

 

gregoden1.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

:thumb: :thumb: Absolutely. ..........:rolleyes:

Ok you guys tell me how many red flags did he have? Patterson telling him or warning him. Billy was talking to Memphis during Lucas's final recruiting stages. You guys are way to caught up in winning or losing. His heart was not in Lextown.

It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

 

 

 

We need a icon that gives a standing ovation, but since we don't I guess this will have to do. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

:thumb: :thumb:

Anytime a Mcdonalds all american wants to sign with UK, I am all for it. Lucas is a good kid with good judgement and morals. I would like to see him play for UK but I doubt it will happen. I wish Jai the best reguardless.

You guys are way to caught up in winning or losing.

 

Now THAT is funny coming from the one who cries that UK is not THE program anymore.

It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

 

No more truth has ever been spoken.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For what it's worth.....

 

LUCAS TAKING IT SLOW

 

"Florida signee Jai Lucas, who inked a letter-of-intent towards the end of the spring signing period with the Gators, will take things slow, according to his father, John Lucas.

 

The former NBA player/coach told FOXSports.com that there was an agreement in place that if Donovan left for the NBA, Lucas would be allowed out his letter.

 

The 5-foot-10 point guard chose Florida over Kentucky."

That about sums it up. He had all the warning signs but still said no. You guys who "claim" to be true UK fans and anyone else who is all over Lucas, I guess you guys enjoy sloppy seconds.

 

Wow. Where to start ?

 

Have you ever made a bad decision before ? Im sure you have. We all have. Jai Lucas is an 18 year old kid who made what he thought at the time and still may be the best decision for his future. Any reasonable person who "claims" to be a true UK fan would accept Jai with open arms if we were lucky enough to have him at UK.

The more I read and talk to people I think Jai will look to get out of his LOI whether or not Grant is hired on at UF. Also, UK will take Lucas if he decides he wants to come here and play for Coach G and Patterson. Just my two cents.

That about sums it up. He had all the warning signs but still said no. You guys who "claim" to be true UK fans and anyone else who is all over Lucas, I guess you guys enjoy sloppy seconds.

 

:sleep:

 

I guess all the recruites should just line up down a wall and let Coach G pick the ones he wants because we all know "There is not other program like UK" and let the rest of the programs fight it out for the "sloppy seconds" that UK doesn't want. While we are at it go ahead and give UK the national championship and let the rest of them play for 1st loser.

:sleep:

 

I guess all the recruites should just line up down a wall and let Coach G pick the ones he wants because we all know "There is not other program like UK" and let the rest of the programs fight it out for the "sloppy seconds" that UK doesn't want. While we are at it go ahead and give UK the national championship and let the rest of them play for 1st loser.

 

 

Finally someone gets it right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just joking :D :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.