Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK get Jai Lucas afterall?

Featured Replies

It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

 

Well said! :thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has nothing to do with wanting to win or lose. I've never been wrapped up in this recruiting craziness at all, I see it as a necessary evil.

 

It is the self-important, arrogant comments about UK by UK fans that make me cringe and roll my eyes. I never understood the immature and narcissistic attitude that anyone who doesn't bow down and worship us as the Temple of Basketball must be treated as a hostile enemy. It's ridiculous.

 

Our fans are way too full of themselves and IMO have an unrealistic view of their role in the UK Basketball operation. We can discuss specifics if you want, there are several just in the recent news, but it should be in another thread.

 

I'll just use your last comment as an example. Of course his heart was not in "Lextown", why would it be? Only a handful of homegrown KY boys and diehard blue blockers would put UK basketball ahead of their own future and personal happiness. His heart was in making the best decision about HIS future. Out of all the D1 schools in the country he narrowed his choice down to UK and UF, and it was a hard decision. He obviously liked UK and wanted to play here, but something tipped the scales, however slightly, in the direction of UF. (and we can speculate on what that was, but the UK fans certainly would have to be considered in the discussion)

 

Not every recruit will pick UK and not every kid will go bananas just because UK is on the waiting list. It just simply doesn't work that way and UK (or any other institution) does not carry that kind of power anymore. It is something that just has to be accepted, the playing field is much more level than it used to be and kids are much more savvy and informed.

 

So I just don't get the jilted lover attitude towards kids who choose otherwise. As I said before, I find it to be childish, narcissistic and unrealistic.

 

And the icing on the cake is when another UK fan has a differing opinion, you will always see some attack on them, usually indicating they are not a "true" UK fan or something of the like. It reminds me so much of the insecure kid in school who struggled to make friends and who would pick on other kids to make him feel better about himself. It's sad to watch.

 

Great post, Toots! :thumb:

 

Worth noting, however, that when I have suggested similar stuff in the past it was dismissed out of hand as "UK bashing." :lol:

Great post, Toots! :thumb:

 

Worth noting, however, that when I have suggested similar stuff in the past it was dismissed out of hand as "UK bashing." :lol:

 

Very true Jim, however only by those who that post applies to...

Worth noting, however, that when I have suggested similar stuff in the past it was dismissed out of hand as "UK bashing." :lol:

 

Same words, different message. :D

I don't know if UK really needs Lucas or not.

 

1st off he is not 5'10", he's actually about 5'8" and he might be 150lbs soaking wet.

 

They also have a very, desperate need for more post guys and add to the fact that that scholly would be better for next year.

 

I just don't see the need for him at this point IMHO and it has nothing to do with him going to Florida first.

I don't know if UK really needs Lucas or not.

 

1st off he is not 5'10", he's actually about 5'8" and he might be 150lbs soaking wet.

 

They also have a very, desperate need for more post guys and add to the fact that that scholly would be better for next year.

 

I just don't see the need for him at this point IMHO and it has nothing to do with him going to Florida first.

 

They need a PG....The need a floor general, so to speak, they didn't have one last year, and it showed.

 

Don't you guys who say UK doesn't need Lucas find it odd that Coach G. is still looking for a PG for next year? If the guy everyone trusts thinks this team needs a PG, shouldn't the fans?

I wouldn't mind at all to see him come to UK... Never had a bad word tosay about the kid.

Nothing against Lucas, but, I would save it for next year.

Nothing against Lucas, but, I would save it for next year.

 

Heres my problem with that idea. UK has a lot of players targeted for next year but whos to say we get them ? I like our chances with a lot of the big name recruits for next year but nothing is guaranteed. Jai is a McDonalds All American because he can play ball, he's talented, I don't care who his dad is. We need a pg in the worst way next year, turnovers cost UK too many games last year. Jai could be that pg we are looking for. Like I said earlier, I like our chances with some good ball players next year but if Jai wanted to come to UK now, I'd love to have him rather than nothing but a chance at some other players next year. We need a point guard and if a McDonalds All American calibur point guard wants to play for us....do the math.

I wonder what Gametime thinks about all this and what his sources tell him since he is pretty reliable. Personally, I think he will eventually suit up at UK.

Rather not have him either. He didn't wanna be here in the first place.

Declining him would show other recruits, Kentucky isn't messing around on recruiting.

Heres my problem with that idea. UK has a lot of players targeted for next year but whos to say we get them ? I like our chances with a lot of the big name recruits for next year but nothing is guaranteed. Jai is a McDonalds All American because he can play ball, he's talented, I don't care who his dad is. We need a pg in the worst way next year, turnovers cost UK too many games last year. Jai could be that pg we are looking for. Like I said earlier, I like our chances with some good ball players next year but if Jai wanted to come to UK now, I'd love to have him rather than nothing but a chance at some other players next year. We need a point guard and if a McDonalds All American calibur point guard wants to play for us....do the math.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just feel that we have got two decent PG's in Jasper and Porter. I do not think they showed what they can really do last year. I think they get that chance this coming year. I am pretty confident Billy G. will land us two or three pretty good Basketball Players in next year's class.

Donavan was reported to possibly tell recruits that if he left Florida for another job that UF would then allow the recruit to seek out another school by letting them out of the obligations of their letter of intent. I think it's a very strong possibility that Lucas could opt to leave Florida and come to UK. I think it's a very strong possibility. Keep your fingers crossed.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just feel that we have got two decent PG's in Jasper and Porter. I do not think they showed what they can really do last year. I think they get that chance this coming year. I am pretty confident Billy G. will land us two or three pretty good Basketball Players in next year's class.

 

 

I think BCG will be bringing in top-notch recruits every year. He's an awesome recruiter. He has proven that by landing Patterson and Legion, not to mention the recruits he has landed in his past. I would like to see Lucas come though. I don't think letting a McDonald's All-American slip through ours fingers would be a good idea if he wanted to come. I'd take him anyday.

Wow. Where to start ?

 

Have you ever made a bad decision before ? Im sure you have. We all have. Jai Lucas is an 18 year old kid who made what he thought at the time and still may be the best decision for his future. Any reasonable person who "claims" to be a true UK fan would accept Jai with open arms if we were lucky enough to have him at UK.

 

How exactly did he make a mistake? What a cop-out. News flash for you and everyone else. He choose UF over UK. Just because things didn't work out at UF means he can run to plan B. I know UK has struggled for a long time. I am glad we have made a change, anyone on here who knows me, knows that. But I rather go to the NIT before we take a kid who in a head-to-head recruiting battle took a rival school over us.

 

Kentucky is nobodys plan B. Have a lil sense of pride in yourself and school. I rather go winless then have a kid wearing Kentucky across his chest, ONLY because Billy D left Florida. Lucas flat out shunned UK after we begged him to come here. Now you guys are opening your arms to him?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.