Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK get Jai Lucas afterall?

Featured Replies

I don't see how Coach G. could turn down someone with Lucas' talent, who is ready to come NOW. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Should Lucas be interested, I expect UK will listen. It is still a real possibility we lose out on a PG next year. I'd take a sure thing if it came about.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how Coach G. could turn down someone with Lucas' talent, who is ready to come NOW. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Should Lucas be interested, I expect UK will listen. It is still a real possibility we lose out on a PG next year. I'd take a sure thing if it came about.

 

What makes you so sure Lucas is ready to come NOW...IMO, he'll honor his signed LOI and make the best of the situation at Florida...It's all just rampant speculation right now, but, if he indeed wanted out of his LOI after meeting with the new coach, I still think we're better off with Bradley and Jasper at the point and I believe there will be better players in the next couple of years. I would rather have the 3 scholorships the next 2 years than 2 and try and add depth to the frontcourt...

What makes you so sure Lucas is ready to come NOW...IMO, he'll honor his signed LOI and make the best of the situation at Florida...It's all just rampant speculation right now, but, if he indeed wanted out of his LOI after meeting with the new coach, I still think we're better off with Bradley and Jasper at the point and I believe there will be better players in the next couple of years. I would rather have the 3 scholorships the next 2 years than 2 and try and add depth to the frontcourt...

 

 

What makes you so sure he doesn't??

Rather not have him either. He didn't wanna be here in the first place.

 

 

The kid struggled with his choice all the way to the end. Because he chose a School that has back to back National Championships, a very good Coach, an awesome amount of talent coming in, and a beautiful State to boot, we don't want him now?

 

If he want's to be a Wildcat, and BCG want's him, that's all that matters.

 

But IMO, I believe he stays a Gator.

Originally Posted by just 4 fun

What makes you so sure Lucas is ready to come NOW...IMO, he'll honor his signed LOI and make the best of the situation at Florida...It's all just rampant speculation right now, but, if he indeed wanted out of his LOI after meeting with the new coach, I still think we're better off with Bradley and Jasper at the point and I believe there will be better players in the next couple of years. I would rather have the 3 scholorships the next 2 years than 2 and try and add depth to the frontcourt...

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't explain myself clearly. What I meant to say is that he is a recruit who can play now, as in this fall, and could fill a void immediately. I agree that he will probably remain a Gator. I have no clue as to whether or not Lucas is interested.

But he cant...He must now sit a year if he leaves.
Nope. He can be released from his LOI.
Nope. He can be released from his LOI.

 

 

 

So...if he's released, but not a transfer, he can play now?

So...if he's released, but not a transfer, he can play now?

Right.

If we get Jai Lucas, I'll be fine with it, and if we don't get Jai Lucas, I'll be fine with it. However, I would not mind having a lightning quick point guard who will stay for four years. It would help!

FWIU, the Lucas's have already started the process. They have contacted the Florida AD office in regards to being released.

Foley will probably grant it...no pun intended, only after he meets with the new coach.

The Lucas family is not real happy.

One one of his last visits, Donovan said he would sign a piece of paper allowing Patterson to leave if he was not there. Means nothing other than the issue of him being there....because the LOI supersedes anything like that.

Whether or not he did that with Lucas is unknown.

 

Supposedly, OKSt said they would not be interested.

FWIU, the Lucas's have already started the process. They have contacted the Florida AD office in regards to being released.

Foley will probably grant it...no pun intended, only after he meets with the new coach.

The Lucas family is not real happy.

One one of his last visits, Donovan said he would sign a piece of paper allowing Patterson to leave if he was not there. Means nothing other than the issue of him being there....because the LOI supersedes anything like that.

Whether or not he did that with Lucas is unknown.

 

Supposedly, OKSt said they would not be interested.

If you and I saw it going down, where does the Lucas clan stand in this process? Patterson saw it, right? The Lucas "Family" was flat out awful as it has played out....

It's not classic it's called loyalty. When Corey Dillion through his pads in the stands and said he didn't wanna be here I was glad to see him to go. I am in all or none person. Your with me or my team or your not. Each person can choose where they want to be. If they don't wanna be with my team after bad luck with another, oh well. So open up your UK blind spot.

 

Turned out ok for ole Corey though

Yes the Rome of college bbal fell under Tubby but the Senate is still strong. UK should be ANY kid's first choice. He specifically choose UF over UK in a head to head battle. He came to UK on midnight madness and how many other seperate visits? He didn't want us in originally why should we want him now? No thanks... good luck to him at OK State or Maryland.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.