Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Group eyes possibility of new football league

Featured Replies

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is part of a group considering formation of a football league that would compete with the NFL for players drafted lower than the second round.

 

The league, still very much in the preliminary stage, would play its games on Friday nights. The NFL does not play then because of the potential conflict with high school football.

 

"It's a pretty simple concept," Cuban said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "We think there is more demand for pro football than supply."

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-newfootballleague&prov=ap&type=lgns

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's right about the demand but not many want to watch "B" listers. There is a reason other leagues have failed, the NFL is king. The AFL has found it's niche but it's a totally different game, I guess he has money to waste so we can all see a few mil go up in flames if his plan comes to fruition.

He should go have a talk with Donald Trump and ask him how the USFL fared.

He's rich just like all those before him. Somehow he thinks his idea and timing is right. It's not and I don't think it'll likely ever be.

 

If anything he should be looking for a City that could possibly have an expansion team. That's his only hope.

What in the world makes him thinks this is going to succeed? It doesn't say when the season would take place. If it's the fall, then there's absolutely no way it'll succeed. If it's spring, then there's absolutely no way it'll succeed. :D

It will fail. No new league can compete with the NFL.

Imo this "new" league will not go at all. No one wil compete with the NFL. Cuban should check the sucsess of the other "generic" leagues that have tried it. I know that I would certainly have no interest at all in it.

Friday night is a horrible night to make a run.

 

I would like to see the NFL have an NFL2 (or something like that) played in the spring in the United States using large cities that don't currently have NFL football. I know that is sort of the idea behind NFL Europe but I have zero interest in NFL Europe.

How nice must it be to be able to throw away large chunks of money and not sweat it!!!!!!!

Dear Mark Cuban,

 

This is the best idea I've ever heard! America really needs another pro football league!

 

One suggestion, the name needs work, I was thinking something along the lines of the XFL, the Xtreme Football League....

 

Your Friend,

Vince K. McMahon

Didn't the XFL try their league on Friday nights?

I would like to see the NFL have an NFL2 (or something like that) played in the spring in the United States using large cities that don't currently have NFL football. I know that is sort of the idea behind NFL Europe but I have zero interest in NFL Europe.

 

 

Is there even enough talent out there to have an NFL2? I just don't see it happening. There won't be enough interest to go watch mediocre football during the spring.

Nothing will compete with the NFL.

Is there even enough talent out there to have an NFL2? I just don't see it happening. There won't be enough interest to go watch mediocre football during the spring.

 

D1 College Football is pretty interesting. My point is, if the talent is equally matched football is pretty interesting at any level.

 

I agree interest will be the major issue and the only chance of having enough interest will be if it is done by the NFL and it is their equivalent of AAA Baseball.

D1 College Football is pretty interesting. My point is, if the talent is equally matched football is pretty interesting at any level.

 

I agree interest will be the major issue and the only chance of having enough interest will be if it is done by the NFL and it is their equivalent of AAA Baseball.

 

That's what I was thinking. Isn't most of America, who is watching Friday night football, in fact witnessing mediocre football? For the most part...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.