Cov Holy Cross 2 CovCath 1

Pat Ryan was the premier lefty in NKY "back in the day". Kenny Shields / Mike Listerman coached the St. Thomas Tomcats and rode that arm until it almost fell off. Had a VERY good pick-off move. I remember his SR year, Highlands won the region (led by Dale Mueller, Tom Fuldner, Gary Schrader, Mitch Simons, Dean Eckert...to name a few) and to help prepare HHS for the state tourney, Pat came down and threw BP. Classy move from a classy guy/family! His brother Mike was a pretty fair catcher for the Tomcats, Seems the apples ain't falling far from the Ryan baseball tree!!

Pat Ryan was the premier lefty in NKY "back in the day". Kenny Shields / Mike Listerman coached the St. Thomas Tomcats and rode that arm until it almost fell off. Had a VERY good pick-off move. I remember his SR year, Highlands won the region (led by Dale Mueller, Tom Fuldner, Gary Schrader, Mitch Simons, Dean Eckert...to name a few) and to help prepare HHS for the state tourney, Pat came down and threw BP. Classy move from a classy guy/family! His brother Mike was a pretty fair catcher for the Tomcats, Seems the apples ain't falling far from the Ryan baseball tree!!

Pat did indeed have a great pickoff move, as well as being a heck of a pitcher!! I remarked to him once about Jimmy's fine pickoff move, and how Pat must have taught him; and Pat replied that "I did have a good pickoff move in my day, but unfortunately I had to use it a lot"!! :D Good people!!

If I remember correctly, it was a 3 part process...2 "weak" attempts to build runner cockiness....and then he threw the "dagger" to pick 'em! Sweeeeeee-t!!!

Its funny you mention this. Just yesterday a guy was telling me that Pat teaches that to his pitchers today.