Cov Holy Cross 2 CovCath 1

Outstanding pitching duel by Ryan of HC and Bleser of CovCath. CovCath got on the scoreboard first and took a 1-0 lead until the fourth when CovCath gave up a unearned run. Both teams had chances but in CovCath case some bone head base runner took them out of three innings. In the first CovCath got doubled up at second on a fly ball to the outfield, then had the pinch runner get picked off first, not just once, but twice. Holy Cross had the go ahead run score in the bottom of the seventh on a long fly ball with a man on second that the CovCath outfielder almost made a outstanding catch on. Both pitchers, pitched extremely well today.

CovCath and for that matter Holy Cross too, hit the ball hard today and the ball went nowhere. Don't know if it was the heavy humid air or what, but at least four or five times from each team you thought, wow it's out of here, but only to see the ball just die. There was no wind.... but the balls just didn't seem to travel at all today.....It was if they were using batting practice balls, they just seem to die on the way.....Strange indeed.....

CovCath travels to Boyd County Friday and Saturday to play in the Boyd County Derby Classic.....

TOG, wasn't that a seeding game? And if so, what does that likely do in your district as far as tourney matchups? With Ryle beating Conner today, Boone's game with Conner on Monday determines the 3rd and 4th seeds and which team has to play the extra game with Heritage.

TOG, wasn't that a seeding game? And if so, what does that likely do in your district as far as tourney matchups? With Ryle beating Conner today, Boone's game with Conner on Monday determines the 3rd and 4th seeds and which team has to play the extra game with Heritage.

It was a seeding game and IMO it hurts CovCath a lot. What I don't know is who, if CovCath beat Beechwood and Beechwood beats HC (a real possiblity) then there is a tie, who gets the number 1 seed.

Anybody know what the pitching stats were? Strikeouts, walks, hits? With such a close game, I would think they would be similar.

My guess is that Bleser maybe walked more than Ryan but only maybe by one. Bleser I know had at least 8/9 K's by the bottom of the 5th while Ryan only had one or two. (note this is off the top of my head. I watch the games to enjoy them not to be a slave to the score book ) I also think HC out hit CovCath but again by only a hit or two. CovCath did pound the ball hard, so to did HC but the again the ball just didn't carry.

On a side note, the infield and the outfield is in very poor shape. I really hope they work on the field prior to the Districts. I watched Larkin take infield and twice at a certain spot in the infield he had balls just hit the dirt and fly over his shoulder and sure enough the first batter hit a ball to the same spot and over the shoulder it went. If this field was in Louisville no-one would play on it, as the fields I saw down there were first rate....

Holy Cross had the go ahead run score in the bottom of the seventh on a long fly ball with a man on second that the CovCath outfielder almost made a outstanding catch on.

He may have had a concussion on that play, hit his head hard.

Both teams pounded the ball, but HC found the gaps just a few more times.

It was a seeding game and IMO it hurts CovCath a lot. What I don't know is who, if CovCath beat Beechwood and Beechwood beats HC (a real possiblity) then there is a tie, who gets the number 1 seed.

5) In the case of a three-way tie for the district winning

position, the tie would be resolved in the following

manner. If any of the tie-breakers results in one of the

teams being ahead of the other two, the tie is broken.

If any of the tie-breakers result in two teams remaining

ahead of the third, then the two-way tie breaker shall be

used to determine the winner between those two.

a) The tie-breaking mechanisms (in order) shall be:

i) If the tie remains between all three teams, the

record in the second game played against all district

opponents involved in the tie.

ii) If the tie remains between all three teams, the

record in the first game played against all district

opponents involved in the tie.

iii) If the tie remains between all three teams, then the

total points allowed in all seeded games shall be the

next tie-breaker.

iv) If the tie remains between all three teams, then

the total points allowed in the second of each of the

seeded games shall be the next tie-breaker.

v) If the tie is still unbreakable, then a blind draw among

the three teams shall break the tie.

b) Additional tie-breaking mechanisms could be added,

and would be uniform for all three-team districts.