Bonds chasing history. The countdown.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonds has likely cheated along with a number of other players, BUT what bothers me most about the so called "experts" is that they never mention all the gambling, drinking and likely drug use that went on LONG before ESPN and 40 cameras on the field came along.

So yes, the current players are bending the rules and likely breaking the rules, but don't tell me that the players we hold in high regard didn't cheat in some way or would have abstained from all the stuff that is out there now.

Has this been proven in a court of law?

Do you count grand jury testimony that he did indeed use steroids? Knowingly or unknowingly he used them. Anything that gives you an unfair competitive advantage is cheating, whether you mean to or not.

Yes, Barry Bonds may have taken steroids. However, pitchers were taking them too. It was a bad time in Major League Baseball. He was one of the greatest players in baseball before all this started and he still is after random drug testing started.

Yes, Barry Bonds may have taken steroids. However, pitchers were taking them too. It was a bad time in Major League Baseball. He was one of the greatest players in baseball before all this started and he still is after random drug testing started.

:thumb: :thumb:

People make Bonds out to be so terrible, but you don't hear any criticism for the numerous pitchers, IMO more hurlers were juicing than hitters, who were taking at that time.

There has never been proof that Bonds knowingly took steroids, and until there is, and probably even than, I'll continue to root for him to break the record.

:thumb: :thumb:

People make Bonds out to be so terrible, but you don't hear any criticism for the numerous pitchers, IMO more hurlers were juicing than hitters, who were taking at that time.

There has never been proof that Bonds knowingly took steroids, and until there is, and probably even than, I'll continue to root for him to break the record.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If he used steroids you can add him to the list of rulebreakers - along with everyone else in MLB. It doesn't matter if he took steroids or not - he has to be one heck of a ball player anyways. Steroids don't mean a whole lot. Hulk Hogan couldn't start playing baseball and automatically be a home run hitter. Barry is very talented, perhaps the greatest player of all time. I say GO BARRY!