Bonds chasing history. The countdown.

Ditto.

Barry Bonds is/was a great player and definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame based on his legit accomplishments, but this is not one of those. I never thought he'd have the stones to pass Hank since Hank was alive. It was one thing with Babe because he didn't have to look him in the eye, but jeez, I can't believe he's going to do this.

You expect him to try & not hit a homerun when it could help his team win games?....k

Go Bonds. I'll be watching.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he used steroids you can add him to the list of rulebreakers - along with everyone else in MLB. It doesn't matter if he took steroids or not - he has to be one heck of a ball player anyways. Steroids don't mean a whole lot. Hulk Hogan couldn't start playing baseball and automatically be a home run hitter. Barry is very talented, perhaps the greatest player of all time. I say GO BARRY!

Steroids don't mean a whole lot??? Are you serious? The ridiculous amount of strength he picked up allowed him to use a much heavier bat while keeping his same bat speed. That means balls go a whole lot farther than they are supposed to if he hadn't cheated. Steroids changed a buch of pop flies into home runs. Its wrong, and it sickens me.

Steroids don't mean a whole lot??? Are you serious? The ridiculous amount of strength he picked up allowed him to use a much heavier bat while keeping his same bat speed. That means balls go a whole lot farther than they are supposed to if he hadn't cheated. Steroids changed a buch of pop flies into home runs. Its wrong, and it sickens me.

If the total list of names of MLB players that has cheated ever comes out, you'll be in for a big surprise, I'm afraid. They will have to erase all history of baseball and just start over with no stats.

It will be a dark day in sports when this record gets simultaneously broken and tainted by a cheater. The good news is A-Rod is on pace for 900 HR with a lot of career left, so hopefully hell break this record in years to come.

It will be a dark day in sports when this record gets simultaneously broken and tainted by a cheater. The good news is A-Rod is on pace for 900 HR with a lot of career left, so hopefully hell break this record in years to come.

Good 'ole A-Rod has most likely cheated in some way, as well.

I really wish there were a way that MLB could prevent Barry from breaking the record. But it is not going to happen. The guy is one of the best talents in the history of the game, but he also happens to be the biggest jerks on the planet.

You're assuming that Bonds is a cheater - what's the difference?

A-Rod never magically gained 30 pounds of muscle in his thirties to become a completely different player than he used to be. He's always been the same sized, same high class, high character guy. Barry Bonds is a pompus jerk who is ruining the game. I really don't understand why you're defending him.