May 13, 200719 yr ^I strongly doubt that has much of an impact on where he ends up....It may not be at UK, but I doubt it would be because some ignorant fans send him myspace messages. I'm not worried about Hamga's opinion about the messages. I highly doubt that he has a problem with people wanting him to come play at UK. It's his guardian and AAU coach having the problem with it that scares me a little. I know at the end of the day it's Hamga's choice but I'm sure his coach has a lot of influence on him.
May 13, 200719 yr It's amazing how pathetic the 18% can be... :thumb: :thumb: It's one thing to obsess about it on here and talk bout it but sending messages to the recruits. Come on.
May 13, 200719 yr It's amazing how pathetic the 18% can be... :thumb: .....But Most say this has no effect.
May 13, 200719 yr I wouldn't call it pathetic. Should they leave the kids alone? Sure. But the problem lies in the fact that the vast majority of this state idolizes everything about UK basketball. Most UK fans will never have any contact with these players that they put up on a pedastal but they see Facebook and MySpace as their chances to have a brush with a rock star in the making. Can't say I blame them. When those recruits choose UK those who sent internet messages to them can tell their buddies "You know I helped recruit him..."
May 13, 200719 yr It's pathetic. And it's going to burn the program big time one of these days. See past history for examples...
May 13, 200719 yr It's pathetic. And it's going to burn the program big time one of these days. See past history for examples... :thumb:
May 13, 200719 yr It's pathetic. And it's going to burn the program big time one of these days. See past history for examples... The NCAA will make an Example of UK......
May 13, 200719 yr What does penalizing UK do? You can't control the nameless faceless internet usernames. This should be a non-issue for all involved. If the NCAA penalize UK fans, quicker than you can blink the UK fans could quickly become UofL, UC, UNC, IU, Duke and fans of others posting lots of praise and invitations to come to "my" school. Penalize schools for what they can control not what they can't
May 13, 200719 yr What does penalizing UK do? You can't control the nameless faceless internet usernames. This should be a non-issue for all involved. If the NCAA penalize UK fans, quicker than you can blink the UK fans could quickly become UofL, UC, UNC, IU, Duke and fans of others posting lots of praise and invitations to come to "my" school. Penalize schools for what they can control not what they can't Rules are rules. No matter how stupid this rule is, it's still a rule and a rule that is being broken by fans. I agree that it is stupid and out of UK's control but it's still an NCAA rule. Yes the fans who posted on Hamga's site could have been fans from other schools but I'd be willing to bet that the majority were just uninfomed UK fans. Something needs to be changed about this rule because it honestly is ridiculous for the NCAA to be able to punish a school because it's fan base posts messages on a recruits public web page. Untill the rule is changed fans need to be informed about the violations they are commiting and stop.
May 13, 200719 yr It's pathetic. And it's going to burn the program big time one of these days. See past history for examples... Can't ya just save us all some time and list some examples for us.
May 13, 200719 yr Can't ya just save us all some time and list some examples for us. No need to throw salt on old wounds...
May 13, 200719 yr It is almost impossible to say who the alleged fans actually are. They could say they are UK fans but who knows? This is one rule that it is impossible for the university to police. These people could be sending messages from anywhere on the planet.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.