Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beas Hamga

Featured Replies

Not really, we'd have two spots open for the likes of Miller and Warren....

 

And if we took both of those guys we'd have 0 spots for 09, a class for which we already have a top PG committed.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He could play the point at any program in the country...

Well good then...

That would be HUGE...but there are us UK fans getting overly excited about perhaps nothing...

Who cares it's called UK basketball recruting! Just have fun with it!

And if we took both of those guys we'd have 0 spots for 09, a class for which we already have a top PG committed.

 

This is what Jerry Meyers of rivals had to say about GJ Vilarino. I'm not sure he's rated as high as some may think. I'm not saying he's not going to be good or isn't good. I also am very aware that in 2 season a player can get better and most do. That beeing said, if he is getting better then the other PG's in the class are too.

 

Vilarino is probably on the bubble for the top 100. It's hard to say if he will be a four-star or three-star. He needs to improve his athleticism and his shooting. As a point guard, he has a nice feel for the game but he needs to be explosive enough to get past people and a good enough shooter to keep the defense honest.

 

The article is a free article or it was at the time I read it.

LINK

This is what Jerry Meyers of rivals had to say about GJ Vilarino. I'm not sure he's rated as high as some may think. I'm not saying he's not going to be good or isn't good. I also am very aware that in 2 season a player can get better and most do. That beeing said, if he is getting better then the other PG's in the class are too.

 

Vilarino is probably on the bubble for the top 100. It's hard to say if he will be a four-star or three-star. He needs to improve his athleticism and his shooting. As a point guard, he has a nice feel for the game but he needs to be explosive enough to get past people and a good enough shooter to keep the defense honest.

 

The article is a free article or it was at the time I read it.

LINK

 

I'm not debating his ability. I'm just saying BCG recruited him and got a commit. If he uses all available schollys the next two years, somebody is going to have to leave to make room.

I'm not debating his ability. I'm just saying BCG recruited him and got a commit. If he uses all available schollys the next two years, somebody is going to have to leave to make room.

 

My apologies:thumb:

  • Author
I hope you mean NAZR Mohammed. After the recent changes the program is currently going through, we can't afford a holocaust on top of it.

HAHA thats classic.

Sounds like Beas has his eyes set on trying to be an 07 recruit and UK leads for him. His high school coach said a while back that he was 99 percent sure he wouldnt an would be an 08 kid, but its his AAU coach that is his mentor and guardian.

New article on Rivals today, here's a few quotes from the article:

 

"Right now I have a bunch of schools, Kentucky, Indiana, Memphis, UNLV, New Mexico," said Hamga. "Those five but the school I like the most right now is Kentucky. But I don't know yet."

 

The big center says some of that indecision comes from developments the past week that could push him towards college this fall, a year earlier than expected.

 

"I just passed my SAT test scores," said Hamga. "I am a junior but I am looking to graduate this year. My grades are good and my SAT score is also good, so I really have a chance to graduate this year and play college (this fall). I really have a good chance."

 

Hamga is already a year older than most in the Class of 2008 as he turns 19 years old at the end of July. This past year he played for the private school Decatur Christian in Illinois. Hamga came to the United States a couple years ago from the African country of Cameroon and according to some of the Indiana Elite program people, obtaining credit for some past academic work in his home country is the first option to getting that early graduation. If that doesn't come to pass, the big man might also be able to graduate this summer by taking and passing some online coursework.

I'd love to see this kid playing in Rupp this year.

I'd almost rather get him and Sanchez than Patterson and Lucas.. 2 big kids that can play right away.. Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to have PP and JL, but, these 2 are about as close to an even swap as you could hope for at this point in the recruiting process. Does anyone think we would end up with Legion, Sanchez and Hamga if Tubby would have still been here? I give BCG alot of credit for hitting the road hard and at least having options, regardless of the final outcome...

What kind of time line are we looking at with Hagma ? It sounds like he's made his mind up about being a wildcat either this year or next. I think we end up with this kid no matter what year he graduates but it would be nice to have him this year.

What kind of time line are we looking at with Hagma ? It sounds like he's made his mind up about being a wildcat either this year or next. I think we end up with this kid no matter what year he graduates but it would be nice to have him this year.

 

Not sure. He still has some work to do to reclassify to 07 and that includes a summer class. Not sure if we will have a decision before then or if we will have to wait before he fully qualifies for 07.

From what I understand this is really do-able.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.