Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its Official: Billy Gilispie new coach at UK

Featured Replies

  • Replies 183
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late to say that I told you so. BD was never in this spot. I am glad UK will be getting a good guy at the healm, maybe to please the big blue nation. Hopefully he can get some guys to come too.

I just saw the report on WLEX out of Lexington. They said it is reportedly going to be Billy Gillespie.

12:15 news conference and pep rally....announcing Billy G.

I guess that victory over Louisville got him the job!! :D

Excellent. He was definately my #2 behind Billy D.

 

Go Big Blue!

I guess that victory over Louisville got him the job!! :D

Yeah...he's already 2-0 in Rupp.

Yeah...he's already 2-0 in Rupp.
:laugh::laugh:

Anything is better than Tubby, but if its Billy Gillespie, we are taking a huge chance on a still unproven coach. Barnharts future w/ UK rides on the performance of this hire,IMO.

 

I do have to say I will be fair and give Gillespie 100 percent support if indeed he is announced as the coach, as all of the Big Blue Nation should.

I will just be glad we have a coach...

Billy G. couldn't get "yes" out of his mouth quick enough. Sounds like he was behind Billy D. which seems right.

The local news said 12:45 now as well.

I was close. Where's Strike3? He owes me a brawt. :D

This is a good day to be a Kentucky fan. Gillispie took a nothing program at A&M and turned it into a Big 12 power in just 5 seasons. He is a great recruiter and his teams are a blast to watch. Great hire!

 

:dancingpa

Barnharts future w/ UK rides on the performance of this hire,IMO.

 

Do you really feel that is a fair statement? I feel like mitch did a pretty good mop up job after a coach kind of left a program in shambles. I feel like you go and get a good recruiting coach, which BG is proven to be, keep him around for a few years and then feel the market again in a few years to find that right fit. No doubt BG was not everyone's first option but there just wasnt a lot out there this go round.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.