Track The Reds...

Awesome day at GABP. Some dude behind was like why in the world is Dunn batting second and and them BOOOM!!! I just looked back at him and laughed. He was wondering who that was in RF too. :lol: I liked what I saw from Harang today. He looked good most of the game.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6th and 7th innings are what Harang is all about. His pitch count was high but he wanted to pitch deep and made quick work both times. He's a legit top of the order guy, and it was a steal to get him...

It wasn't the smartest play, but you can never get mad a guy who is giving his all and just trying to make a play...Also idk about the closer spot, but I should would like to see them go out and try to get a better closer, because I am not comfortable at all with Weathers closing, but then again there really isn't anyone in the bullpen that I am comfortable with closing at the moment...

Freel's hustle makes him a favorite with me and most folks. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't have made that play though. I learned in Little League that when you have that kind of lead you give up the run to not let them score another and these guys are making millions. He threw it away at 3rd which is even worse. I believe in hustle and making mistakes hustling but I know that mental errors will doom you over a season. It's not that big of a deal but down the stretch the Reds can't afford simple mental errors that you learn in Little League.

:dancingpa

Man you have to love opening day. I was a little dissapointed in the mental error Freel made today throwing the ball away up 3 runs. In all nice start, Jr was even in the lineup:lol:

Do you all think Weathers will be the closer all year or committee all year? Also how long do you think it will be before Bailey is brought up?

:dancingpa :banana: :ylsuper:

Great day at Great American yesterday. Perfect weather, great company; and a game that had a little bit of everything. Even though I was up in the cheap seats, they were right behind home plate.

Harang got a lot of first-pitch strikes; while Zambrano struggled with his control; basically threw as many balls as strikes.

Dunn's 2 HRs, followed by a walk his third time to the plate had me scratching my head. I actually used the words "Adam Dunn" and "selective" in the same sentence.

If the Reds are contending after 2-3 months, look for them to get a true closer. Closers by committee rarely work.

Junior looked fairly comfortable in right field. Dunn, who has had, shall we say, defensive issues, wasn't really challenged yesterday in the field.

Thought the buildup to the return of Mr. Redlegs was funny. Not nearly as funny as the ceremonial first pitch, however. The poor Mayor was catching all kinds of flak on the radio after the game. You know it was a good day for the Reds when the only complaints were about the Mayor's pitch, the lines at the concessions, and one poor decision by Freel.

The 6th and 7th innings are what Harang is all about. His pitch count was high but he wanted to pitch deep and made quick work both times. He's a legit top of the order guy, and it was a steal to get him...

I think he only had to make 7 or 8 pitches in the 6th - that got him the extra inning.

This happened to Dunn last year, he raised his batting average to darn near 270 batting 2nd. When he was dropped in the order, it went back down to the mid 240's.

If he is kept there all year, would be interesting to see if he could hit around 280-290.

I've said it before, if Dunn were to hit .290, he'd have corresponding #'s that would garner serious MVP consideration. But .240ish doesn't. So, here's hoping you're right:thumb:

It wasn't the smartest play, but you can never get mad a guy who is giving his all and just trying to make a play...Also idk about the closer spot, but I should would like to see them go out and try to get a better closer, because I am not comfortable at all with Weathers closing, but then again there really isn't anyone in the bullpen that I am comfortable with closing at the moment...

:thumb: Nice post, I agree on all points that you made. Freel is what I call "old school", if all the Reds had his work ethic, desire and hustle they would go wire to wire and sweep th NL and WS! Too bad all of them do not play as hard as Freel does. He is my favorite of this Reds team.

I am not comfotable with our bullpen either, I hope they deal for an established closer. GO REDLEGS!!! :flame: