Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next UK coach?

Who WILL be the next UK basketball coach? 150 members have voted

  1. 1. Who WILL be the next UK basketball coach?

    • John Pelphrey - South Alabama
      1%
    • John Calipari - Memphis
      9%
    • Billy Gillespie - Texas AM
      14%
    • Travis Ford - UMass
      10%
    • Billy Donovan - Florida
      34%
    • Mike D'antoni - Phoenix Suns
      6%
    • Tom Crean - Marquette
      5%
    • Rick Pitino - Louisville
      14%
    • Jamie Dixon - Pitt
      0%
      0
    • Tom Izzo - Michigan State
      5%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I would think Tom Crean, Billy Donovan or Travis Ford. I'd be OK with any of those three.

  • Replies 310
  • Views 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No love for Beak Nose Matta???

Pie in the sky, by n' by.

 

Do you think Rick is telling him what a great career move it will be?

 

 

 

I have to agree with this. What coach in their right man would want the Kentucky job after seeing how Tubby has been treated for years by the fan base.

I have to agree with this. What coach in their right man would want the Kentucky job after seeing how Tubby has been treated for years by the fan base.

 

Good coaches need some arrogance to them, they'll want the challenge. And they'll be WELL compensated.

I just don't see this mass exodus of players that everyone is expecting...Morris could be likely, but there was a reasonable chance he was gone anyway.

 

Crawford is a possibility, but personally, I'd be a little surprised if he isn't back.

 

As for the freshmen, I think they'll all be back. Maybe I'm just an optimist.

We can only pray:banana:

 

I'll sell my season tickets if that happens.

I think UK needs to be conscious of how this whole Tubby thing is playing out---PR-wise----across the country. Depending on the slant of any particular commentator or writer, UK could be made to look bad...mainly because of Tubby's wholesomeness, character and integrity. Accordingly, I would not like to see UK go after a coach who has any kind of baggage (remember the SI cover, "Kentucky's Shame"?). I think Calipari has baggage (NCAA problems at UMass) and Travis Ford, from what I've heard, doesn't graduate anyone. There are better chioces out there. Finally, don't be too surprised if UK recovers a lot more quickly than many on BGP expect.

Tom Crean would be a great choice IMO.

I'm adding Roy Williams

I'll only be happy with one guy initially......PAT RILEY.

So, it's likely that I won't be happy until someone comes in a prooves themself.

I'm adding Roy Williams

 

 

 

There's a better chance of Adolph Rupp coaching UK next year.

I'm adding Roy Williams

 

Why not go for Red Auerbach. It's just as likely that we could get him to UK.

There's a better chance of Adolph Rupp coaching UK next year.

 

Darn, you stole my thunder.

Gillespie, Calipari or Donovan.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.