Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next UK coach?

Who WILL be the next UK basketball coach? 150 members have voted

  1. 1. Who WILL be the next UK basketball coach?

    • John Pelphrey - South Alabama
      1%
    • John Calipari - Memphis
      9%
    • Billy Gillespie - Texas AM
      14%
    • Travis Ford - UMass
      10%
    • Billy Donovan - Florida
      34%
    • Mike D'antoni - Phoenix Suns
      6%
    • Tom Crean - Marquette
      5%
    • Rick Pitino - Louisville
      14%
    • Jamie Dixon - Pitt
      0%
      0
    • Tom Izzo - Michigan State
      5%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What makes you think that. Wasn't Tubby the main reason he came to UK. I know that at least one of his H.S. teammates is now / will be at Georgia Tech. I hope he stays but I have some doubt.

 

 

Tubby was supposedly the ONLY reason Meeks wanted to play at UK. I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 freshman, Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson, left.

  • Replies 310
  • Views 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes you think that. Wasn't Tubby the main reason he came to UK. I know that at least one of his H.S. teammates is now / will be at Georgia Tech. I hope he stays but I have some doubt.
I say that because he's been the one player showered with love all season. Everyone else has been roasted at some point. I also think that if UK acts quickly on a replacement, he'll be a top priority.
I see it as:

 

Morris- gone... NBA

Stevenson- gone... Transfer

Jasper- gone...Transfer

Crawford- gone Over seas

Meeks- stays

Patterson- Florida

Jai Lucas- Maryland

:thumb:

 

Maybe AJ Stewart as well. You are probably not far from being right.

Good question. Things look bleak for the Cats for the next 2-3 years.

 

But would they have looked any better with Tubby?

 

Of course all the supporters are going to say he definately would have landed PP/JL and UK would've been in the Final Four next year, but I'm not so sure.

 

At least a new coach will have an excuse for losing 12 games.

Wow ... I cant wait for next basketball season...:banana: :banana: :banana:

You must not care about UK basketball then.

But would they have looked any better with Tubby?

 

Of course all the supporters are going to say he definately would have landed PP/JL and UK would've been in the Final Four next year, but I'm not so sure.

 

At least a new coach will have an excuse for losing 12 games.

A new coach might only win 12 depending on who stays with the team. This will effect UK for 3-5 years.

As long as it's not Travis "Little Ricky" Ford, I'll be OK with it!

A new coach might only win 12 depending on who stays with the team. This will effect UK for 3-5 years.

 

Right... :rolleyes:

 

UK isn't going to end up with some coach that went 12-20 at an NAIA school.

I think it will be interesting to say the least who end's up on the sidelines @ UK. I don't think the BIG name everyone is expecting will be there!!!

Right... :rolleyes:

 

UK isn't going to end up with some coach that went 12-20 at an NAIA school.

 

Let's hope. Though I'm not sure that any coach will do well with what's coming back. No Patterson. No Lucas. No Morris.

 

On a side note.....Barnhardt has officially asked my boss for permission to speak with me.

I think it will be interesting to say the least who end's up on the sidelines @ UK. I don't think the BIG name everyone is expecting will be there!!!

 

I agree. I think it will be a big disappointment.

  • Author

Billy D to UK... Patterson follows...

 

Florida falls off the map after Noah, Horford, Brewer go pro.

Billy D to UK... Patterson follows...

 

Florida falls off the map after Noah, Horford, Brewer go pro.

Pie in the sky, by n' by.

 

Do you think Rick is telling him what a great career move it will be?

Right... :rolleyes:

 

UK isn't going to end up with some coach that went 12-20 at an NAIA school.

 

Roll your eyes. ;) If players leave and we do not get any recruits next season the best Coach in the world is not going to win games. Especially against the kind of schedule UK plays.

Would Barnhart look at Ernie Kent. There is precedent for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.