Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Spring Football (Take #2)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. CCH will start the Monday after basketball but they have a new head coach so no one knows for sure at this point.

5. ?

 

There will be spring practice. They're simply waiting for b-ball to end.

Makes you wander What? That Dixie is committed to winning? That Tom S. doesn't know what he's doing? I don't wander at all, I know that Tom handles his program and his kids in a manner that he feels works best for them.

What's that taking the easiest road to haul??????????? :D :D

Makes you wander What? That Dixie is committed to winning? That Tom S. doesn't know what he's doing? I don't wander at all, I know that Tom handles his program and his kids in a manner that he feels works best for them.

I am one that does not understand the MO at Dixie. Taking the first couple of weeks of regular season and treating it as a preseason makes no sense to me. I saw the 1st week of Dixie football last year and in noway was that team prepared to play Highlands or any one else that was halfway decent. I would like for you to expand on the statement on what is best for the kids. Is getting waxed by smaller schools in the regular season to get ready for districts best for the kids and the program. Also if Dixie has any dist games early in the season (schedule is different this year) that stategy may be flawed. I don't know how any one can defend not working as hard as one can to be the best that they can. Man thats a life lesson.

Conner starts Spring practice next Wednesday! Good luck Cougars and Coach Trosper!

Trimble County is having spring practice, with consistent numbers each day. They are going through offensive and defensive strategies and giving their new QB some practice.

 

 

Looks like NKY inherited a new team this yr:D !

 

WONDER or WANDER, let's use our high school education better. Our teachers would be so proud.:dancingpa

Looks like NKY inherited a new team this yr:D !

 

WONDER or WANDER, let's use our high school education better. Our teachers would be so proud.:dancingpa

I was wandering around, wondering about spring football. How can I be wrong?

I am one that does not understand the MO at Dixie. Taking the first couple of weeks of regular season and treating it as a preseason makes no sense to me. I saw the 1st week of Dixie football last year and in noway was that team prepared to play Highlands or any one else that was halfway decent. I would like for you to expand on the statement on what is best for the kids. Is getting waxed by smaller schools in the regular season to get ready for districts best for the kids and the program. Also if Dixie has any dist games early in the season (schedule is different this year) that stategy may be flawed. I don't know how any one can defend not working as hard as one can to be the best that they can. Man thats a life lesson.

 

This is the typical "if you don't do it like HHS, you are not committed to winning" philosophy. Would triple sessions or quadruple sessions be working even harder and learning bigger life lessons?

 

Coaches develop a system- it needs to based on their school, community, and past experience. What works at HHS just might not work at other schools. Getting waxed by HHS or Covcath is no disgrace to any program. When HHS gets waxed by Colerain or Lou St X, its play the best to be the best, when Dixie loses its because they are not prepared. I would never imply that HHS wasn't prepared in these games, but the end result was the same.

 

Dixie's program is in as good of shape as it has been in my adult lifetime (late 80's - present). If Tom thinks the schedule change this year warrants a change to his pre-season practice schedule, he'll make the change. Taking the easy way out as another poster mentioned is so far from the truth.

I will defend the decisions made at Dixie by Coach Spritzky, because as a friend and respected coach, he's earned that from me.

This is the typical "if you don't do it like HHS, you are not committed to winning" philosophy. Would triple sessions or quadruple sessions be working even harder and learning bigger life lessons?

 

Coaches develop a system- it needs to based on their school, community, and past experience. What works at HHS just might not work at other schools. Getting waxed by HHS or Covcath is no disgrace to any program. When HHS gets waxed by Colerain or Lou St X, its play the best to be the best, when Dixie loses its because they are not prepared. I would never imply that HHS wasn't prepared in these games, but the end result was the same.

 

Dixie's program is in as good of shape as it has been in my adult lifetime (late 80's - present). If Tom thinks the schedule change this year warrants a change to his pre-season practice schedule, he'll make the change. Taking the easy way out as another poster mentioned is so far from the truth.

I will defend the decisions made at Dixie by Coach Spritzky, because as a friend and respected coach, he's earned that from me.

Ever heard of "Best practice"? Thats where leaders copy practices of their peers that are proven as successful. Hey if you're happy with the progress at Dixie thats fine. Keep hangin around the pool all summer. See you in the fall!

Bellevue does not do spring practice because coach Eckstein does not want to interfere with the spring sports. The vast majority of his players are playing baseball and running track. In a small school like Bellevue (with only a little over 100 boys 9-12) it is important that the athletes play as many sports as possible. They are continuing to lift weights. The spring sports coaches work with him so the athletes can lift as often as possible. He is only being fair back to them.

 

I don't know about this.... just down the road at Dayton, I know that at least the past couple of years they had a week of spring ball, and their enrollment is just about the same, and their roster size last year was smaller I think...

 

I don't know what will happen with them this year however, considering Lickert just left....

Looks like NKY inherited a new team this yr:D !

 

WONDER or WANDER, let's use our high school education better. Our teachers would be so proud.:dancingpa

 

Sorry to burst the NKY bubble. You look on a map and tell me where you would post for Trimble County. We are not in Louisville or Lexington, so we can't post there. We border Indiana, so we are not Central. We are west of you, so we can't be Eastern, so I guess we should post in Western Kentucky with Bowling Green. Additionally, we border Carroll County and they are posted here, but you make no comment about that.

Looks like NKY inherited a new team this yr:D !

 

WONDER or WANDER, let's use our high school education better. Our teachers would be so proud.:dancingpa

Trimble is about 10 minutes from Carroll Co. but you did not jump on the Guru when he commented on them. I guess Covington has a monopoly on direction, NOW!!! :rolleyes:

Ryle started spring ball last week and by the way they look they worked hard in the weight room too.

Ever heard of "Best practice"? Thats where leaders copy practices of their peers that are proven as successful. Hey if you're happy with the progress at Dixie thats fine. Keep hangin around the pool all summer. See you in the fall!

Didn't I read on here a few months back about how Dixie players were basically begging the staff to have two-a-days and the staff told them no? Looks like the players are not satisfied and want to work more to improve.

Sorry to burst the NKY bubble. You look on a map and tell me where you would post for Trimble County. We are not in Louisville or Lexington, so we can't post there. We border Indiana, so we are not Central. We are west of you, so we can't be Eastern, so I guess we should post in Western Kentucky with Bowling Green. Additionally, we border Carroll County and they are posted here, but you make no comment about that.

 

 

Easy true/blue and tall trees! I, personally do not consider Carroll part of NKY either, just an over site on guru's post. Once we get south of Walton you are out of NKY, IMO. On the Carroll thing, Owen and Carroll use to play football in the NKY district.

 

I really don't have a problem w/you all posting in the NKY thread. I just thought it odd that I saw Trimble Co listed as they have never been talked about in the NKY area. Get on the guru, as he said he was going to start regional threads, so ask him where he would place your county. I was always under the impression that NKY meant Boone, Campbell and Kenton Counties. Maybe I have been learnt:thumb: wrong up here in the country :laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.