Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Spring Football (Take #2)

Featured Replies

Maybe I have been learnt:thumb: wrong up here in the country :laugh:

:fight: Nice attitude!!!:fight:

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone ever take a joke? If you don't like that you have no where to post about your area, you do have the capability to start your own thread.

If it helps we do not consider Greenup, Carter, and Boyd county as Eastern Kentucky, and we are not Northern Kentucky. We are the most northern part of Kentucky. Most people in Greenup and Boyd counties refer to us as North-Eastern Kentucky. But for the sake of the forum I guess we are considered Eastern Kentucky.

My geography teacher must have taught us all wrong. I was under the impression that the Covington/Newport area is the farthest north you can go in KY.

 

Someone help who knows their geography.

My geography teacher must have taught us all wrong. I was under the impression that the Covington/Newport area is the farthest north you can go in KY.

 

Someone help who knows their geography.

I'm with you. Anyone have a map?

Ever heard of "Best practice"? Thats where leaders copy practices of their peers that are proven as successful. Hey if you're happy with the progress at Dixie thats fine. Keep hangin around the pool all summer. See you in the fall!

 

So do you think Dixie does nothing all summer. I agree what works at some schools doesn't work at all. Maybe Spritzky is following Best practices according to another thread Trinity (the States leader in State Titles) does not do Spring practice.

 

As far as not doing 2 a days. Dixie Does a different form of Two a days. One practice with the Varsity followed by a practice with the JV and some players work their way up. I would like to see a second practice where they worked on conditioning.

 

Lets not forget Spritzky has had some sucess at Dixie. The man had a district championship team in 2005. Followed by a less than stellar season, but I feel these things will happen. The coaches at Dixie did not forget how to coach because they lost a few Close games in their district last year.

I did not mean to offend anyone, the top of Kenton, Boone, and Campbell counties are more northern. If you look on a normal flat map it looks a lot different, but if you look at the link below it is more accurate. Again you can have the Northern Kentucky title, we will go by the Eastern Kentucky title.

 

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/kentucky/maps/kentucky-county-map.jpg

So do you think Dixie does nothing all summer. I agree what works at some schools doesn't work at all. Maybe Spritzky is following Best practices according to another thread Trinity (the States leader in State Titles) does not do Spring practice.

 

As far as not doing 2 a days. Dixie Does a different form of Two a days. One practice with the Varsity followed by a practice with the JV and some players work their way up. I would like to see a second practice where they worked on conditioning.

 

Lets not forget Spritzky has had some sucess at Dixie. The man had a district championship team in 2005. Followed by a less than stellar season, but I feel these things will happen. The coaches at Dixie did not forget how to coach because they lost a few Close games in their district last year.

All I know is what I saw with my own eyes last August, and that was a Dixie team that was in no way ready to play. I really couldn't care less how and what Dixie does. I'm out of this one:walk:

Can anyone ever take a joke? If you don't like that you have no where to post about your area, you do have the capability to start your own thread.

 

I don't really care. I just wanted a place to post for my team and since GURU had Carroll County in his list, I thought this was the place for us. I did not mean to offend anyone's NKY sensibilities. I will be glad to start a new thread, given Guru's permission, since this seems to be his thing.

 

Strangely, I almost PMed Guru before posting to find out where I should post for my team, but I just thought that we would be welcome here, since we were one of the most northern counties.

I don't really care. I just wanted a place to post for my team and since GURU had Carroll County in his list, I thought this was the place for us. I did not mean to offend anyone's NKY sensibilities. I will be glad to start a new thread, given Guru's permission, since this seems to be his thing.

 

Strangely, I almost PMed Guru before posting to find out where I should post for my team, but I just thought that we would be welcome here, since we were one of the most northern counties.

 

I think you're in the right thread. I always thought Orlando was south of here.:rolleyes:

I did not mean to offend anyone, the top of Kenton, Boone, and Campbell counties are more northern. If you look on a normal flat map it looks a lot different, but if you look at the link below it is more accurate. Again you can have the Northern Kentucky title, we will go by the Eastern Kentucky title.

 

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/kentucky/maps/kentucky-county-map.jpg

 

 

Don't worry about, no big deal.

No one is offended RAM. It's always nice to get a geography lesson. Sometimes, some of us on here can't take a joke due to having a bad day or something and things get blown out of proportion, that's human nature.

 

You want to post on the NKY thread, you can be our guest since we have such a close tie w/the Raceland fans over the last 20 yrs or more, welcome!

No one is offended RAM. It's always nice to get a geography lesson. Sometimes, some of us on here can't take a joke due to having a bad day or something and things get blown out of proportion, that's human nature.

 

You want to post on the NKY thread, you can be our guest since we have such a close tie w/the Raceland fans over the last 20 yrs or more, welcome!

 

:thumb:

I did not mean to offend anyone, the top of Kenton, Boone, and Campbell counties are more northern. If you look on a normal flat map it looks a lot different, but if you look at the link below it is more accurate. Again you can have the Northern Kentucky title, we will go by the Eastern Kentucky title.

 

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/kentucky/maps/kentucky-county-map.jpg

 

 

Did anyone else notice the mistake in that map?

Did anyone else notice the mistake in that map?

 

what mistake would that be?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.