Lexington Spring Football

theguru

I am going to post regional threads on this topic. I want to know what teams in Lexington are going to have spring football practice and what that practice consists of? Then the fun part will be comparing how much schools do in the spring and how successful they are in the fall.

How about it?

Guest Bluto

LCA will have practice, but I am "out of the loop" as to what it consists of. I know my youngest son (Bluto, Jr.) will be getting his gear soon.

sounds like the b-ball coach got a hold of them and talked them out of playing.

This is what is shameful in high school athletics often times. Both of these kids are sub 6'0" and have no future at the next level in basketball. Players of similar stature do have opportunity in football at the next level, but not if they do not play in high school because of some coach feeding them propaganda.

I do not know the circumstances here and might should not speculate, but if it is the case, it happens far too often. High school kids should play every sport they are able to play, in my opinion.

Specialization is more detrimental than not.

This is what is shameful in high school athletics often times. Both of these kids are sub 6'0" and have no future at the next level in basketball. Players of similar stature do have opportunity in football at the next level, but not if they do not play in high school because of some coach feeding them propaganda.

I do not know the circumstances here and might should not speculate, but if it is the case, it happens far too often. High school kids should play every sport they are able to play, in my opinion.

Specialization is more detrimental than not.

Agree with this. :thumb:

I know why Lexington teams do not win state titles. You either do like some coaches in Lexington and let your kids do nothing all winter and show up on game night and win against teams with far less talent, and then get blown out by more disciplined teams who have talent as well, or you work hard in the off season and then kids quit because they want to be lazy or go play the tough AAU crap.

I know why Lexington teams do not win state titles. You either do like some coaches in Lexington and let your kids do nothing all winter and show up on game night and win against teams with far less talent, and then get blown out by more disciplined teams who have talent as well, or you work hard in the off season and then kids quit because they want to be lazy or go play the tough AAU crap.

Good post, but you forgot the egos in the coaches also. Some of them act like they are winning state titles and they don't need to do anything different in their programs. Their is alot of talent here, but the egos keep alot of kids either off the turf and in the stands, or in the gym.