Barnhart's statement: Lexington Hearld-Leader

PhiSlamaJama

I wouldn't say that is accurate. You have two McD's AA's on the team.

I do agree though that the current state of recruiting needs to change and be attacked at a different angle.

Also, not many programs are bringing in top recruits EVERY YEAR.

I contend that if this JR class was living up to their billing, this wouldn't be an issue. The Sr class was recruited as role players between top classes of talent. Buike left early and hurt the program. The Junior class with Rondo leaving has been a FLOP.

Yes, the sophomore class is a negative on Tubby's resume. He needed recruits and didn't get them.

I still think the freshmen class will be a GREAT class.

So, he recruited two strong classes. One with world of potential and one that is a flop.

You look where the recruits in those two classes were coming out of HS and they should be top 5. Rondo, Morris, Bradley, Crawford have been flops.

WOULD this discussion be held if the JR class was playing up to their ability along with Rondo being coachable and staying?

:thumb: :thumb: Once again I agree with every point that you made in this post. Imo some on here may not be old enough to remember the Cats or the history and tradition other than the Pitino years. Here is some info/news flash............ U.K. basketball tradition/excellence/expectations/titles and history was here long before Pitino got here and will survive long after Pitino (already is gone), Tubby and any other future coaches are here and gone.

Count on it!

Patterson would choose KY because OF TUBBY and not because UK is UK.

And Wright, Hansbrough, Werner, etc, etc would NOT choose UK because OF TUBBY.

The knife cuts both ways, and if you can't use "oh yeah, you'll be playing for the winningest program EVER, and one with SEVEN NCAA titles" to help with your recruiting, then you're not very good at it.

In five prior years at Louisville, Rick Pitino has twice played in the NIT. Tubby has never missed the Big Dance (though, to keep that going, UK better beat Georgia on Wednesday night).

Was UofL coming off 2 straight NCAA championship game appearances when Rick showed up?

Was UofL coming off 2 straight NCAA championship game appearances when Rick showed up?

Come on man! You all have to realize it is harder to take over a team that is on top of the world and stay at that pace. Than it is to take over a team that is struggling and get them to do good. I bet if Rick had shown up at UL after 2 straight NCAA championship games by Crump, that he wouldn't be able to keep it up at that level. Then there would be people saying he is a terrible coach and whatever, when in reality he is still a good coach. He just in a situation where it was impossible to stay at that level, because there is no place to go down from there...

In the past five NCAA Tournaments, Duke has advanced past the round of 16 one time.

Kentucky has done it twice.

Whoa partner...let us not forget...the very year before "your" timeline begins, Duke cut'em down...AND the time that Duke advanced further than the Sweet Sixteen, it was the Final Four...something UK fans haven't enjoyed in almost a decade.

Whoa partner...let us not forget...the very year before "your" timeline begins, Duke cut'em down...AND the time that Duke advanced further than the Sweet Sixteen, it was the Final Four...something UK fans haven't enjoyed in almost a decade.

:thumb:

Duke has had 3 Final Four appearances since Tubby came to town. UNC has 3 as well (and they fired a coach during that span). UCLA (who also fired a coach during Tubby's tenure) has matched UK with 1 trip to the Final Four.