Interpretation of Scripture

Oldbird

Ram, great post. I'll wait a bit before I give a statement. Girl, maybe the wine wasn't as strong as the wine thats out there now. As a christian growing up there was a zero tollerence on alcohol, so I don't know about wine.

RockMom, some churches get mad if you use the term "Father" to address anyone besides God. Don't get mad at me again I'm just sharing what I've learned. Also the term "Reverened" makes this group mad too and we use that one.

"For those who is without sin...cast the first stone" is another verse with "interpretation differences".

^AL-My interpretation of the above verse--No one should throw stones(make judgements) because all of us are sinners(we all fall short). We are to leave the judging to God(FATHER,SON) who is without sin.

Girl I agree with you. How many of you have footnotes at the bottom of the page of your Bible? I have a study Bible and every verse has a note. Who writes those? I have a Strong Concordance,Compact Bible Commentary, and others written by men.

Valid point.:thumb:

Here's a point to consider....(and I know many will not agree)

The Bible itself is written by man, actually many men. It's messages are each delivered via each individual's interpretation of God's messages. Then, the translaters; then those who revised the Bible to reflect the denominational differences.....

The Divine Word of God has been interpreted since the first written record.

RockMom...(after Getting up of the floor) I agree with you. In fact when I buy a Bible or Bible finding book I research scriptures that I know will cause some issues and see if the 20th century author and me are on the same page.

Even then there will be some passages that I will differ on. Not to go in great detail on this but an issue "Once saved always saved" (OSAS) is really the most talked about subject with a diference of views. There is a site I go to that is a Bible site and there were over 500 posts in a about 48 hour period. The format is very close to BGPs.

RockMom...(after Getting up of the floor) I agree with you. In fact when I buy a Bible or Bible finding book I research scriptures that I know will cause some issues and see if the 20th century author and me are on the same page.

Even then there will be some passages that I will differ on. Not to go in great detail on this but an issue "Once saved always saved" (OSAS) is really the most talked about subject with a diference of views. There is a site I go to that is a Bible site and there were over 500 posts in a about 48 hour period. The format is very close to BGPs.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell. :lol: :D