Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Tennessee Predictions/Updates (NCAA Sweet 16)

Kentucky vs. Tennessee 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 03/29/2025 at 01:24 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Cats of Kentucky now (24-11) will take on the Vols of Tennesse (29-7) for the 3rd time this season but none bigger. The winner will advance to the elite 8 on Sunday evening. The game is scheduled for Friday, March 28th I think it will be the late game with a start of around 9:20. I believe the higher seed of the 4 there get the early game. The games for the Midwest and South Regions will be on CBS and TBS. The Cats have won the two SEC regular season games vs. the Vols. The first one was back on Jan. 28 where the Cats went to Knoxville and defeated the Vols by 5 points 78-73. The Cats also won the 2nd meeting on Feb. 11 by 11 points 75-64. Both teams played well in their first two games of the tournament this weekend. Tennessee had wins over Wofford and UCLA by scores of 77-62 and 67-58. The Cats had their two wins over Troy and Illinois by scores of 76-57 and 84-75. This should be a good one and the Cats should have a fan advantage in Indy. Go Cats!!

  • Replies 108
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Unfortunately, this game won't even be close.    Tennessee 78   Kentucky 65   I'M BACK BABY!!!!  

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    The Cats will be making their 46th Sweet 16 appearance.  Kentucky leads all schools with 46 total Sweet 16 appearances. The Cats lead the next closest school North Carolina by now 10 at 46-36 followed

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    Hey great news they just set the times for Friday night's games and the Kentucky and Tennessee tips at 7:39pm. Houston and Purdue tip at 10:09pm. 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

10 PM is what Cats Coverage posted on Facebook. 

Woof.

I don’t buy into the “it’s hard to beat a team three times” line as there’s no real proof behind it. UK has already beaten UT twice, once without Robinson, and I see nothing that has changed that would make me think anything would be different this time. UK is the better team, and they win again by 6-10.

24 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Woof.

Agreed. Gonna need a nap for this one. I'm just glad they're playing on Friday and not Thursday. 

  • Author

The Cats will be making their 46th Sweet 16 appearance.  Kentucky leads all schools with 46 total Sweet 16 appearances. The Cats lead the next closest school North Carolina by now 10 at 46-36 followed by UCLA with 35, Duke with 34, and Kansas rounds out the top 5 with 32. Next is Louisville with 24. 

  • Author

Hey great news they just set the times for Friday night's games and the Kentucky and Tennessee tips at 7:39pm. Houston and Purdue tip at 10:09pm. 

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don’t buy into the “it’s hard to beat a team three times” line as there’s no real proof behind it. UK has already beaten UT twice, once without Robinson, and I see nothing that has changed that would make me think anything would be different this time. UK is the better team, and they win again by 6-10.

I agree.  As a coach I would much rather play someone I'm familiar with and have a lot of tape on.  From what I've seen so far, I don't see this result changing.  UK by 7.

13 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don’t buy into the “it’s hard to beat a team three times” line as there’s no real proof behind it. UK has already beaten UT twice, once without Robinson, and I see nothing that has changed that would make me think anything would be different this time. UK is the better team, and they win again by 6-10.

 

5 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I agree.  As a coach I would much rather play someone I'm familiar with and have a lot of tape on.  From what I've seen so far, I don't see this result changing.  UK by 7.

I think Tennessee should be favored to win. But I would much prefer going into this game knowing I've already twice defeated a foe vs. having lost twice against someone.

15 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I think Tennessee should be favored to win.

Why's that?

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Why's that?

Overall, I believe they are better. As evidenced by how they performed in the SEC. UK also beat Florida and Duke, but I do not think would be favored against either if paired against one another.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Overall, I believe they are better. As evidenced by how they performed in the SEC. UK also beat Florida and Duke, but I do not think would be favored against either if paired against one another.

This is you protecting yourself. I get it. ?

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

This is you protecting yourself. I get it. ?

I fully understand @bugatti thinking this but to me the teams are almost equal, albeit constituted differently. The X-factor for me is Lanier. He's scored in bunches against almost everyone this season but hasn't really done so against UK. Is that game plan or good luck? Maybe both? If he shoots the way he did against Wofford and UCLA, then that could be curtains for the Cats. I'm guessing Tennessee is saying something similar about Brea, though. Overall, I think this is a fascinating matchup that should come down to the wire.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.