Rob Dillingham drafted #8 to the San Antonio Spurs traded to Minnestoa Timberwolves

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the NBA draft a number of years ago.   They used to announce it on TV when a team hit the clock.

"Knicks are on the clock but they are making this pick for the Kings."  Then the Knicks would select John Doe from Tech State.   He'd walk out, put on the Kicks hat, shake hands with Stern (who was still the commish when I last watched a draft) and then go answer questions about the Knicks when EVERYONE, including him, knows he's never playing a minute of the Knicks.  If you know who the player is going to play for, just let that team make the pick.

(And I just picked 2 teams at random, so I'm not sure a player was ever drafted by one and sent to the other on draft night)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the NBA draft a number of years ago.   They used to announce it on TV when a team hit the clock.

"Knicks are on the clock but they are making this pick for the Kings."  Then the Knicks would select John Doe from Tech State.   He'd walk out, put on the Kicks hat, shake hands with Stern (who was still the commish when I last watched a draft) and then go answer questions about the Knicks when EVERYONE, including him, knows he's never playing a minute of the Knicks.  If you know who the player is going to play for, just let that team make the pick.

(And I just picked 2 teams at random, so I'm not sure a player was ever drafted by one and sent to the other on draft night)

I mentioned in the NBA draft thread.  The trades that happen in the NBA draft make it almost unwatchable. 

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

So why does San Antonio draft Dillingham? Was the trade agreed to in principal when SA was up? What happens if the trade falls thru?

They said it was agreed upon and when everything is finalized they would announce the details. 

• Thanks 1