Alabama 89 North Carolina 87 (NCAA Sweet 16)

Final a heck of a game. Alabama played very tough and physical and never back down from the Tar Heels even after trailing as much as 10. Plus it is always a good day when North Carolina goes down in defeat. With the defeat the ACC is now 9-2 that is still impressive.

• Thanks 1

That was a big time basketball game. Each team had their moments. 

Cormac Ryan was on fire for a moment but Oates made adjustments (I think it was Sears who locked Ryan down) and I don't think Ryan got another shot off after the 3 he made very early in the second half.

I personally was pleased when Bacot missed a point blank dunk. It was lightly contested but still missed. No real reason why, but I just have an extreme disliking for Bacot.

Grant Nelson, dude straight up balled it out down the stretch for Bama.

10 hours ago, Kentucky Windage said:

That was a big time basketball game. Each team had their moments. 

Cormac Ryan was on fire for a moment but Oates made adjustments (I think it was Sears who locked Ryan down) and I don't think Ryan got another shot off after the 3 he made very early in the second half.

I personally was pleased when Bacot missed a point blank dunk. It was lightly contested but still missed. No real reason why, but I just have an extreme disliking for Bacot.

Grant Nelson, dude straight up balled it out down the stretch for Bama.

Fun fact. Bacot is a holdover from the Matt Doherty era.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s always a good day when the Tar Heels lose.

They had the 2017 national championship gift wrapped and handed to them with some shady officiating in the UK, Arkansas, and Oregon games. I haven’t liked them since they held the ball on Kentucky in the regional finals in 1977. Overrated Dean Smith (two titles in 35 years with NBA talent every year) single handily led to the adoption of the shot clock in college basketball. 

• Like 1