Bowling Green vs. Warren Central Predictions/Updates (4th Region Championship)

Although the Dragons look very alive and well, I still have to believe the Purples will get their fourth straight win against the crosstown foe. Hope we see a good basketball game though!

BG - 76 WC - 61

I'd say if Bowling Green gets up in the 70s, maybe even in the 60s, then Central doesn't have a shot.  They're going to have to hope that Bowling Green is not nearly as hot from the field and three in particular as they have been.  The Purples have been 10/20, 9/16, 8/21, 8/18 from three in their four postseason games so far.  That 35/75 shooting for 46.7%.  They're simply too good at getting to the rim and finding Ritter in general to survive them shooting that well from deep.  In their regular season meetings, Bowling Green went 5/17 and 2/15 from three.  Central is going to need them to be that team, and Central really can't control how that goes.  And for their part, Central is going to have to shoot better than they have in any of the three matchups so far.

I do believe Bowling Green is the pick, and I'm thinking around 9-12 points.  I believe this is the first time Bowling Green would have beaten any opponent four times in the same season - I know it would be that against Warren Central (and to be fair, it's their first opportunity to do so).  Central has made a frequent habit of losing the district final to Bowling Green and then knocking them off in the region final - they've done it four times.  But this might be the most impressive of them all if they pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Agree with @DragonFire.  I don't think there is any chance this game is played in the 70's. Central will sit in their 3/2 matchup zone and try to slow the pace.  This game in particular between these two in the past have generally been played in the 50's/60's.  The script has flipped from last season as now it's Bowling Green who is 3-0 on the year and the favorites with everything to lose and Central who can play loose with no pressure. Last year's final proved to be the Dragons biggest scare of the postseason and I won't be shocked if this one is another classic. I see BG pulling it out late 58-51. 

Just now, Purple_Reign said:

Lightning fast first half. Over in 25 minutes. Refs letting them play a bit. Central has hit about 5 triples themselves as both teams shooting it well. 

Warren Central 5/7 from three, Bowling Green 5/10. 

• Thanks 1