2024 John Hardin Bulldogs

Patience was required when rooting for the Bulldogs last season. They ended the year 4-7, losing to Logan County 43-17 in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Looking ahead to 2024 the Bulldogs will only be losing 7 seniors to graduation throughout the whole roster but losing Will and Jacob Adams, Quention Johnson will be a major hole the Dawgs look to fill in. The Dawgs were competitive last season in spurts with youth rearing its head in the worst times for the Bulldogs. Still, they were just a minute away from beating Nelson County last season to secure a home playoff game.  Good news for JH is they again, return most of their young roster with sights set on getting the Bulldogs back to their standard. 

JH will almost certainly rely on Junior Cavali Pittman (800 yards and 8 TDs last season) and Junior QB Austin Richardson (1,000 yards 11 TDs and 3 INTs last season) to head the Wing-T offense from Doug Preston. They also return top running backs Emari Simon and Laysen Anderson. Returning almost every position on defense, including incoming Sophomore Elijah Luna, who is going to wreck offensive lines all year long and linebacker Cam Moore who had 118 tackles last year I expect the Bulldogs to continue to improve on that side of the ball. I have also heard some really good things about Sophomore QB Austin Richardson and skill guys working far beyond team workouts and getting chemistry on and off the field. Good sign for a young team that is looking to make a major jump. Also have heard some word on a couple of transfers from Louisville schools but not sure if these guys have started lifting yet. Overall, this might be the best group of athletes JH has had since 2020. 

Schedule (as far as I know) will remain the same as last year for JH. I have posted opponents in order below. I have also heard rumors that JH will be hosting a jamboree scrimmage event during the summer on JHs new turf but haven't heard teams or dates as of yet. I think this is a schedule that favors JH to have their first winning season in a couple of years and continue to build confidence. I think JH could sneak into some Top 10 polls by the end of the year in 4A. Week 2 at Green County should be a good measuring stick to where JH will be this season. Bardstown and Nelson County games will decide the district.

vs Hancock

at Green County

vs Iroquois 

at Harrison County 

at Kentucky Country Day 

vs Breck County

at Thomas Nelson 

vs Bardstown

at Nelson County

vs Desales 

• Thanks 1