Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 90 Missouri 77

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Cats were led tonight by Mitchell and Dillingham off the bench. Mitchell had 20 points and Dillingham had 23 off the bench to lead all-scorers. The Cats also placed 4 of the five starters in double figures. The Cats won tonight in what was probably Sheppard's worse game as a Cat so far this season. Also, Adou Thiero's back must be worse that we had been led to believe as he has not played since the Louisville game on Dec. 21st. I think this team could be even better with him a full strength and he would be able to take some minutes from Edwards.

Nothing to write home about but Kentucky got the win at home on probably a B- game.  Mitchell and Dillingham hustled and the stat sheet reflected it.  Still miss Thiero out there. 

Not a marvelous effort, which I kind of expected.  Thought Mitchell played well tonight.

Their offense, in spite of the average points scored staying steady, has not been as crisp as it was earlier in the season.  In the last 2 games, Kentucky has 20 assists and 22 turnovers.  They had assists on 33.8% of their made baskets.  For the season they have 253 assists against only 127 turnovers and they have assists on 54.8% of their made baskets.  It seems like they are getting their points off of individual plays a little bit more.   

Wagner is starting to impress me more and more. He is attacking with confidence and his shot looks a lot better.

So happy we have Trey Mitchell. Strong player and a great veteran.

11 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Their offense, in spite of the average points scored staying steady, has not been as crisp as it was earlier in the season.  In the last 2 games, Kentucky has 20 assists and 22 turnovers.  They had assists on 33.8% of their made baskets.  For the season they have 253 assists against only 127 turnovers and they have assists on 54.8% of their made baskets.  It seems like they are getting their points off of individual plays a little bit more.   

This is an interesting stat because I felt they really do a great job of taking care of the basketball and maximizing their offensive possessions.

11 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Their offense, in spite of the average points scored staying steady, has not been as crisp as it was earlier in the season.  In the last 2 games, Kentucky has 20 assists and 22 turnovers.  They had assists on 33.8% of their made baskets.  For the season they have 253 assists against only 127 turnovers and they have assists on 54.8% of their made baskets.  It seems like they are getting their points off of individual plays a little bit more.   

Thanks for the interesting statistics.

I'd imagine that part of that is because they are playing against better teams now. They need to really work on their alley-oop passes it seems.

Shepherd is being too unselfish and I see a little more of "I am going to get mine from a few others".  Hopefully they can get theirs, but it won't hurt the team.

Shepherd trying to be unselfish to a fault has seemed to take a little aggressiveness out of his game.

49 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Shepherd is being too unselfish and I see a little more of "I am going to get mine from a few others".  Hopefully they can get theirs, but it won't hurt the team.

Shepherd trying to be unselfish to a fault has seemed to take a little aggressiveness out of his game.

I agree on Sheppard and to a lesser extent on other players trying to get their own.  However, I also saw some instances of over-passing resulting in turnovers.

7 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

I agree on Sheppard and to a lesser extent on other players trying to get their own.  However, I also saw some instances of over-passing resulting in turnovers.

Agree with the second part of this, several times they tried to make one more pass when they probably should have just shot the ball.

This team doesn't strike me as selfish. Sure, Dillingham might force something from time to time but I don't think that's cause he's selfish, just overly aggressive and makes a poor decision occasionally, but he more than makes up for it.

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

This team doesn't strike me as selfish. Sure, Dillingham might force something from time to time but I don't think that's cause he's selfish, just overly aggressive and makes a poor decision occasionally, but he more than makes up for it.

Yeah, "selfish" or "hero ballish" is probably the last way I would describe this squad.

18 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Their offense, in spite of the average points scored staying steady, has not been as crisp as it was earlier in the season.  In the last 2 games, Kentucky has 20 assists and 22 turnovers.  They had assists on 33.8% of their made baskets.  For the season they have 253 assists against only 127 turnovers and they have assists on 54.8% of their made baskets.  It seems like they are getting their points off of individual plays a little bit more.   

Would be interesting to see their shot selection chart over the last 2 games.  I'm not sure if it's changed any but for much of the season it was 85% or more were 3's or in the paint.  Very few jump shots, especially not off the dribble. 

56 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Would be interesting to see their shot selection chart over the last 2 games.  I'm not sure if it's changed any but for much of the season it was 85% or more were 3's or in the paint.  Very few jump shots, especially not off the dribble. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article283912038.html

 

There is the shot chart vs Florida.  I don't see anything alarming. And I don't think they've been playing selfishly, but it seems like they've been getting more baskets off of one on one plays.  Of course that might be due to the way Dillingham and Wagner can turn the corner and get in the paint.  The scoring has remained steady, they've just been doing it a different way. 

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.