Michigan 27 Alabama 20 (OT) CFP Semifinal

5 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I roll my eyes at any UK basketball who claims to be an Alabama football fan.

I don't even know what that means but I like both UK basketball and Alabama football.  With that said, I am rooting for the Cats to beat Bama in football 100 times out of 100.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't even know what that means but I like both UK basketball and Alabama football.  With that said, I am rooting for the Cats to beat Bama in football 100 times out of 100.

A lot of UK basketball fans I know claim primary football allegiance to Alabama.  Basically just following winners.  I have nothing against Alabama.  Actually really amazed at what Saban has done there.  

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

A lot of UK basketball fans I know claim primary football allegiance to Alabama.  Basically just following winners.  I have nothing against Alabama.  Actually really amazed at what Saban has done there.  

Frontrunners are not my cup of tea either, thanks RP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

In the 10 years of the 4-team College Football Playoffs, only 2 years didn't have at least one SEC team in the title game. The first year, OSU v Oregon, and this year are the outliers to SEC dominance over the last decade.

Breaks my heart. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

They just like to pick on the large percentage of UK basketball fans that are also die hard Alabama fans....and it is a significant number of UK basketball fans that became big Alabama fans around 2007...

I know a BUNCH of them.  Most are SEC frontrunner fans, but not all. 

1 hour ago, hrcarrier said:

Michigan did impress me defensively.

It galls me to say it, but they did.   I love Alabama, I have ever since Alexander played there but they just didn't have it this year.  Hats off to Michigan.  

4 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I just really don't see what Bama was thinking on that last play.  Michigan gave them problems all night at the line of scrimmage on rushing plays.  Then you run a QB dive right up the middle.  Was Bama banking Michigan would be afraid that Milroe was going outside?  Also, #77 for Bama is pulling left, blocks no one and Milro was all in to the right?   Nothing about that made any sense.  

Milroe tripped on the right guard’s leg. He never had a chance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I roll my eyes at any UK basketball who claims to be an Alabama football fan.

I've been a fan since Alexander's junior and senior year at Alabama.  That was when I started plying football.

I did physical therapy with Alexander a couple of times my Junior of high school, his second or third year in Seattle and my fanship, for lack of a better word grew.  They've been my #2 team behind Kentucky ever since.

Saban has been great, but nothing to do with why I love Alabama football, I'd say there's a lot of folks in NKY that feel the same way, the Paul Bear Bryant relationship probably doesn't hurt things either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nkypete said:

I watched the replay and never noticed that but I guess it makes sense.  Still a terrible call if you're running the QB between the ends. 

6 hours ago, nkypete said:

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I just really don't see what Bama was thinking on that last play.  Michigan gave them problems all night at the line of scrimmage on rushing plays.  Then you run a QB dive right up the middle.  Was Bama banking Michigan would be afraid that Milroe was going outside?  Also, #77 for Bama is pulling left, blocks no one and Milro was all in to the right?   Nothing about that made any sense.  

It was an RPO. The low snap threw it all off but most likely Milroe would have thrown the ball had the timing been there.

Would Lanes Coverage on the goalline stopped two Michigan TDs in the Rose Bowl?

David Arnsparger's Dad is Bill, the legendary DC of the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphinsl & former HFC Lsu football.

He was one of our guests last fall and discussed this coverage when we went through the LSU 2 point play that defeated Alabama in the 2023 season.

Listen to this episode & decide for yourself!

282731604_Screenshot2024-01-02at10_43_02AM.thumb.png.d3354a5d13c298aba472014bd8b23328.png