Mayfield 58 Lexington Christian Academy 36

48 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I was very impressed with Hensley........ Boley not so much.

I know this is strange ...but I agree with you.

How Hensley didn't get 50 carries ...and how there were a ton of times when Hensley wasn't even on the field. Criminal decision making. I can't begin to understand the logic.

Outplayed and outcoached ... so it probably wouldn't have mattered. Still baffling.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JO1911 said:

Not tryna get off this thread and the subject of the content….GO BIG RED 🏈🏈❤️. And this might be for another thread…but PADUCAH TILGHMAN is the Most underrated team in THE STATE...Western KENTUCKY!!!

Definitely good fodder for another thread and not this one.

But trust me, as someone who has followed NKY football for most of his life, and has only been looking at things across the state for the last 15 years or so, I can promise you that Western Kentucky football is not being ignored by everyone else. I'd also say from the results of Mr. Football winners over the years, there aren't many folks who are overlooking Western Kentucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Definitely good fodder for another thread and not this one.

But trust me, as someone who has followed NKY football for most of his life, and has only been looking at things across the state for the last 15 years or so, I can promise you that Western Kentucky football is not being ignored by everyone else. I'd also say from the results of Mr. Football winners over the years, there aren't many folks who are overlooking Western Kentucky.

Just putting THE STATE ON NOTICE😁😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I was very impressed with Hensley........ Boley not so much.

I think Hensley was the main reason many thought LCA would win, myself included. I obviously know that Mayfield can never be counted out regardless of where they are played by anyone. But this game is a solid reminder that one player can’t determine an all out outcome, it’s full team effort on both sides of the ball, which Mayfield clearly was better from that perspective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaTruth said:

Did I not say this game was a backend game as much as in the trenches? Mayfield has way to much speed at WR and DB...they were playing too far off Mayfields WRs and LCA didn't even throw Xavier Biggers way and when they did...house call pick 6...what will BW do against him? I think they got the memo...

Duly noted.

The Tigers will go to work on that.

• Like 1

My takeaways:

- LCA holds and cost them their first TD, and few plays later Boley throws a pick 6. That’s a 14 point swing that set the tone for the night. 
- Mayfield is a way better coached team. 
- LCA gave a brutal 3&15 fade route for a td at the worst time. 

- LCA defense was very unimpressive even with a huge d-line

- both rb’s were great but by the end, Starks had the better game.

- nobody wins at War Memorial except a select few.

- what in the world does LCA do now and what does their coaching staff say? Guess they will need 20 new transfers.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1