Owensboro Catholic 50 Green County 18

DevilMayCare

14 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Ima get heat for this and that’s ok but Atwell is the best QB in the state. 

He’s a complete in every facet, I agree, curious to see how he and the Aces perform going forward as the competition continues to rise. Don’t believe the Dragons schematically stood a chance against that air raid this evening.

The Aces threw some haymakers early in this game and landed everyone of them. Green is not a bad looking football team but they looked shell shocked early and couldn’t recover. The Aces have basically given up on running the football they still continue gain huge chunks in the passing game.

5 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

He’s a complete in every facet, I agree, curious to see how he and the Aces perform going forward as the competition continues to rise. Don’t believe the Dragons schematically stood a chance against that air raid this evening.

I think you can plug him into a college roster today and he produces. Aces still on the perfect path. Atwell will wake the state up some more once they win state.  Counting eggs before they hatch it’s looking like it could be a Mayfield vs OC State Final. But I’m sure Beechwood still has a lot to say about that. Either way Aces are getting the hardware this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

I think you can plug him into a college roster today and he produces. Aces still on the perfect path. Atwell will wake the state up some more once they win state.  Counting eggs before they hatch it’s looking like it could be a Mayfield vs OC State Final. But I’m sure Beechwood still has a lot to say about that. Either way Aces are getting the hardware this year.

Beechwood is KING until beaten.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I’ve seen LCA, and Mayfield in person this year, and Owensboro Catholic is every bit as good as both. I’ll be honest, I knew Catholic was very good, but they are even better than I expected.
I’m going out on a limb here, but I’m going with Catholic as the state champions, they impressed me that much. Super good football team. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sportsdad316 said:

Well the green county newspaper gave the team some ammunition this week. Their coach said this was the team they wanted to play over mayfield and Lca. It was posted in their lockers from my understanding. 

The green county coach has done some interesting things this year. I don’t know the man but onsiding up 18 on a rival with a min left and now this is interesting.