Owensboro Catholic 50 Green County 18

DevilMayCare

Wow!!! Quite impressive 

Not sure I would crown them yet. Mayfield and Beechwood are solid teams. Catholic can beat either one but let’s be honest Catholic hasn’t played anyone since Owensboro. North Hardin was terrible, DC beating them knocked a little shine on that win. 

Catholic is at the door step. Have they ever been to state?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sportslover32 said:

The green county coach has done some interesting things this year. I don’t know the man but onsiding up 18 on a rival with a min left and now this is interesting. 

You heard the players in the sidelines saying you wanted us, now you got us!!!

2 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Wow!!! Quite impressive 

Not sure I would crown them yet. Mayfield and Beechwood are solid teams. Catholic can beat either one but let’s be honest Catholic hasn’t played anyone since Owensboro. North Hardin was terrible, DC beating them knocked a little shine on that win. 

Yea they have. Last time was 2010!!

7 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Wow!!! Quite impressive 

Last time 2010, got embarrassed by NewCath. Junior powered weapons with a senior class that had no talent whatsoever. That senior class got chewed out since 7th grade and became leaders

4 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Wow!!! Quite impressive 

I agree a lot of football left and Beechwood and Mayfield deserve the right to be favorites over the Aces. Especially mayfield after tonight’s win over LCA. 

Yes and got man handled by a NKY team back in the early 2010’s. That team isn’t anywhere on the level of this squad.

8 hours ago, Sportslover32 said:

The green county coach has done some interesting things this year. I don’t know the man but onsiding up 18 on a rival with a min left and now this is interesting. 

But Metcalf had talked trash to him.  He had to feel better about it somehow.  That onsides kick sure showed those kids who was boss.   

I got to make this game. At no point during this game did it ever feel like Green County would get a stop. They simply didn’t have the athletes to slow down the Owensboro Catholic offense even with they Seymour kid playing who was ejected last week. Green put together a nice first drive and got right inside the red zone before Tut Carrico just completely took the ball away from #4 from Green. After that the Aces defense tightened up and didn’t allow another first down until it was 50-0.

Green didn’t punt on 3 consecutive possessions in their territory and gave the Catholic offense short field all night. #4 for Green was tough and run hard all night. He was a solid player but Green looked outmatched about everywhere else.

I wouldn’t put Catholic as the favorite especially with what Mayfield did last night. And of course the 3 time defending champ Beechwood still hanging around, but if they can get past a very good Somerset team who is playing their best football. However if the Aces do make it they will be an extremely tough out for whoever wins that other semi final game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zoneblitz2 said:

I got to make this game. At no point during this game did it ever feel like Green County would get a stop. They simply didn’t have the athletes to slow down the Owensboro Catholic offense even with they Seymour kid playing who was ejected last week. Green put together a nice first drive and got right inside the red zone before Tut Carrico just completely took the ball away from #4 from Green. After that the Aces defense tightened up and didn’t allow another first down until it was 50-0.

Green didn’t punt on 3 consecutive possessions in their territory and gave the Catholic offense short field all night. #4 for Green was tough and run hard all night. He was a solid player but Green looked outmatched about everywhere else.

I wouldn’t put Catholic as the favorite especially with what Mayfield did last night. And of course the 3 time defending champ Beechwood still hanging around, but if they can get past a very good Somerset team who is playing their best football. However if the Aces do make it they will be an extremely tough out for whoever wins that other semi final game.

From the video that I saw the strip away inside the redzone sucked the life out of the Dragons. Head were hanging. Seymour is a special player. It looked like he had rushed for over 100 yards against that deffense.  Defensively Green did have an awnser or a match for there offense. #7 is a stud. He will be playing for a power 5.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, xLAZYx said:

From the video that I saw the strip away inside the redzone sucked the life out of the Dragons. Head were hanging. Seymour is a special player. It looked like he had rushed for over 100 yards against that deffense.  Defensively Green did have an awnser or a match for there offense. #7 is a stud. He will be playing for a power 5.

You are spot on. Green moved the ball pretty well and the RB is tough as nails. The fumble on that first drive really hurt them and then going for it on fourth down deep in their own territory really broke their spirits.