Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I really have to say that I am a nervous wreck about this one and could not even finish my desert at MARBL last night! The Dixie Colonels are on a mission to ruin my beautiful Bluebird Season. It does not seem fair that we earn the 1 seed and that our reward is to face the District 6 Coach of the Year and those feisty Colonels! Our waiter was a former DC Colonel class of '96 and was boasting about the Dixie Colonel statistical dominance this season. I really had no clue how dominant Dixie has been this season and I hope that our Birds can escape Friday night with the win. I could not finish my Doppio Espresso and will be a nervous wreck all week!

  • Replies 122
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Would anyone like to talk about the game? If the Dixie team from last week shows up, this is going to be a battle. 

  • Woody Hayes
    Woody Hayes

    I just don't know. I have seen Dixie's stats that they post. Some of their players have more tackles than plays in a game! They are much better than their losing record suggests.

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    In these parts, there's the @Randy ParkerKiss Of Death (RPKOD) when picking basketball games.  Your record may merit a @MaddenCurse44Kiss Of Death (MC44KOD) for football picks. Sorry Red Col

Posted Images

Perhaps Dixie can keep it from a running clock.  That is at least my gut feeling - no running clock.  

45 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

I really have to say that I am a nervous wreck about this one and could not even finish my desert at MARBL last night! The Dixie Colonels are on a mission to ruin my beautiful Bluebird Season. It does not seem fair that we earn the 1 seed and that our reward is to face the District 6 Coach of the Year and those feisty Colonels! Our waiter was a former DC Colonel class of '96 and was boasting about the Dixie Colonel statistical dominance this season. I really had no clue how dominant Dixie has been this season and I hope that our Birds can escape Friday night with the win. I could not finish my Doppio Espresso and will be a nervous wreck all week!

If that's your biggest concern you will have a great week lol. Highlands is very good. Dixie has a nice team....but this might be the Birds year! Finish your over priced coffee lol.

  • Author

I just don't know. I have seen Dixie's stats that they post. Some of their players have more tackles than plays in a game! They are much better than their losing record suggests.

And schematically Highlands stands no chance going against the 5A District 6 coach of the year. This Dixie staff almost won 4 other games!!

I believe this will be a close game second time around. Dixie is capable of pulling the upset if they win the turnover battle. Crazier upsets have happened. Brach and Brody show will be fun to watch.

Highlands wins ,and then essentially gets a 3rd round bye playing the winner of North Laurel , Madison Southern. 

2 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

I really have to say that I am a nervous wreck about this one and could not even finish my desert at MARBL last night! The Dixie Colonels are on a mission to ruin my beautiful Bluebird Season. It does not seem fair that we earn the 1 seed and that our reward is to face the District 6 Coach of the Year and those feisty Colonels! Our waiter was a former DC Colonel class of '96 and was boasting about the Dixie Colonel statistical dominance this season. I really had no clue how dominant Dixie has been this season and I hope that our Birds can escape Friday night with the win. I could not finish my Doppio Espresso and will be a nervous wreck all week!

This isn't how I tip a waiter, but you do you ...

52c4feb203836.image.jpg

52 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Calpreps has it Highlands by 21.

That’s roughly what my guess would be.

Dixie is playing better but I look for Highlands to win. I could see a good game with Highlands pulling away later into it.

Dixie is a solid team, but don’t let last week fool you.

I know Woodford was ranked all year but every decent team the Jackets played beat them by two-or-more scores. Great teams rarely get thirty pieced 3 times in a season.

54 minutes ago, Redheat said:

Highlands wins ,and then essentially gets a 3rd round bye playing the winner of North Laurel , Madison Southern. 

On one hand, I absolutely agree with this.

But there’s a little piece of my brain that thinks that the Jags possess the ability to play well enough defensively to make some weird stuff happen. I also have no doubt, should we see this matchup, that NL will be snapping the ball with 1 second left on the play clock every play. They will try to make it a slow, sloppy, boring, slugfest. 

All right , all right, all right!

I think we can all agree the Best Coach in the District will be in the Fort on Friday Night!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.