Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Woody Hayes

Who wins?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 12:00 AM

3 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

It should be an absolute Nail Biter. Dixie is definitely the best 5-6 team in the State. I just hope the Birds survive this one healthy. I think Dixie had one player register 47 tackles in the first game against Highlands and 12 of those were for a loss!

Don’t know where you got 47 and 12. 

082A2327-13B9-4C9F-B53B-23899567C2E3.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shake N said:

Dixie was flying around on defense that night. I believe their official stats listed 129 tackles on the 71 offensive plays (8 or 9 resulting in scores) and special teams returns Highlands had.

Ahhh, the most subjective & horribly abused stat in all of sports…the high school defensive tackle stat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bake said:

@Shake N There is absolutely no doubt about that. The Colonel Stat Tracker definitely has some serious Carpal Tunnel keeping up this season! Those boys are putting up some numbers!

I can't tell who is serious or not on this thread now. Dixie official stats say 55 tackles. Of course there were assists on those but 55 tackles, 71 plays or so, minus the scoring plays or kids running out of bounds. I am legit asking for help understanding how anyone reads the stats different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

I can't tell who is serious or not on this thread now. Dixie official stats say 55 tackles. Of course there were assists on those but 55 tackles, 71 plays or so, minus the scoring plays or kids running out of bounds. I am legit asking for help understanding how anyone reads the stats different.

55 solo tackles to me means they were the only ones that made the stop. 54 assisted tackles to me means on the play there were multiple people that made the stop. How many ways can you split a tackle and why does the KHSAA give people 1 full tackle if it's shared? The 8.5 tackles for loss jump out to me. Seems incorrect in the 1st game between the two teams. 

2 minutes ago, BLUEHOUND said:

55 solo tackles to me means they were the only ones that made the stop. 54 assisted tackles to me means on the play there were multiple people that made the stop. How many ways can you split a tackle and why does the KHSAA give people 1 full tackle if it's shared? The 8.5 tackles for loss jump out to me. Seems incorrect in the 1st game between the two teams. 

Thanks. This helps me understand where y'all are coming from. I am reading it as, kid gets a tackle, another gets credit for any help but not counting towards the total. Not sure what can the KHSAA do to un-muddy the waters around it. Leaves a lot up to interpretation I can see how it sparks a debate. Speaking of debate, back to this game... May be a different game but will most likely be the same outcome. But, my red colored lens says 30-21 Dixie.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

It should be an absolute Nail Biter. Dixie is definitely the best 5-6 team in the State. I just hope the Birds survive this one healthy. I think Dixie had one player register 47 tackles in the first game against Highlands and 12 of those were for a loss!

Too much expensive coffee Woodrow!

6 hours ago, Shake N said:

Four of their 5 games since have been blowouts. 3-1 in those games. They ALMOST beat Cooper after turning them over 4 times in the 2nd half. Play calling was impeccable but execution was lacking. Looking back further, they also almost beat SK, Beechwood and CCH. 

So they ALMOST had a great season?

1 hour ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

So we should be expecting a sell out crowd to see the coach of the year and the best tackling team in NKy?

Not to mention, between Dixie’s entire team and Bob Sphire, we may have 30 personal foul penalties! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1