Boyle County 56 Lexington Catholic 21

After the Rebels start off 14-0 in the game, Lexington Catholic scored 21 unanswered points to pull ahead 21-14 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Then Boyle County stages a comeback with 35 unanswered points to double up Lex Cath at 42-21 with just over 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

The Rebels tack on another two 4th quarter touchdowns to make it 56-21 final, with a total of 42 unanswered points.

• Like 1

Boyle County came out firing on all cylinders and then went flat. Credit Lexington Catholic in the 2nd quarter and beginning of 3rd quarter for smacking them in the mouth. Right after that 3rd quarter touchdown by Lexington Catholic, Quisenberry returns a kickoff for a touchdown for the Rebels. The rest is history. Boyle County looked like a different animal in the 2nd half. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Royal Blue said:

LexCath quit after they gave up the TD to go down 35-21. CovCath will beat Boyle County and I’m not a CovCath fan.

How do you figure they quit? Genuinely asking. 14 point deficit is very manageable. Heck, they were down 14-0 before going up 21-14. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, charlesw88 said:

How do you figure they quit? Genuinely asking. 14 point deficit is very manageable. Heck, they were down 14-0 before going up 21-14. 

Imo the body language changed. And it looked like the effort from earlier in the game wasn’t there. A lot more reaching and grabbing trying to make tackles. They looked like they accepted they weren’t going to win after Boyle went up 35-21. Rewatch the next offensive and next defensive series after that TD. 

18 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

Imo the body language changed. And it looked like the effort from earlier in the game wasn’t there. A lot more reaching and grabbing trying to make tackles. They looked like they accepted they weren’t going to win after Boyle went up 35-21. Rewatch the next offensive and next defensive series after that TD. 

A lot of players have trouble trying to grab or tackle Quisenberry. You can't tacke what you can;t catch.LC didn't quit. Boyle just turned it up another notch. LC is a good team. Boyle is just that much better. Speed and overall toughness was the difference.

From my perspective I think BC got up to 14-0 the first 2 series and put it in cruise control too early.    BC game changed.  Then Catholic fought back and the momentum changed.  LC has a very talented team and will most likely compete for a 3A title.  BC has some defensive clean ups to make for sure.  But it’s my opinion no team in the state of KY will stop Quissenberry, Brown, Bodner, Dawson and the other Brown. Geordan or however you spell his first name.