Browns 24 Bengals 3

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not making excuses for him but 1 of the big knocks on Burrow coming out was small hands and in weather like today you really need big hands to control the ball, so many of his throws today looked like shot puts, he even tried wearing a glove which he said last year he NEVER does, I just think that got in his head, Cleveland played great defensively and it snowballed from there, hat tip to them, pay back time when they come to Paycor, until then get ready for Baltimore, we’ll play much better next week, lol, we just about have to!!

He at times wore gloves too, just didn’t do it much. With that said I think this is the first game we have seen in his four years in the NFL that weather had an effect on him. He has played in rain and snow and has looked fine. So I just think the conditions today just would have been hard for any QB, as we seen Watson also throw many bad balls and into the dirt even with guys open. So hopefully it was just one of those days where any QB was going to have a hard time with conditions. Either way just a very bad showing today offensively by everyone. As you said it needs to be much better next week. 

• Like 1

No one has talked about the o-line. That was a big problem for the offense today. Joe had no time. Receivers had no time to run anything other than quick out routes or throw up a prayer along the sideline that they could run around to try and make a play. The Bengals could not figure out anything to do in the quick pass game to make the Browns pay for their attacking defense.

• Like 2

Amen to that! The o-line started the season with allowing their QB to get hit. All the talk about money being out into the oline and moving Jonah Williams to help him did worse than last years Oline. I was pumped when they drafted Williams out of Alabama because I thought he may be a John Hannah kind of dominant. Boy was I wrong. He did get hurt his rookie year but has been subpar his entire pro career.

Where ever Myles Garrett lined up meant a problem for the O line.  He seemed to like beating Jonah Williams the most.  The majority of passes Burrow threw were to the right side.  Take the snap, See Garrett bearing down on you and let it fly.  If Collins is ready in week 5 or whenever he can be activated I fully expect the Bengals to release or trade Williams.

16 hours ago, mcpapa said:

That was ugly, worst than I’ve seen them look on offense in a while. 

On a side note, my avatar started Joe Cool on her fantasy team this weekend. She’s not happy.  Our assurances that she should trust the process are not going over well right now. 

On another side note, her bench qb I’d Daniel Jones, so there’s that. 

4 hours ago, REALSPORT said:

Where ever Myles Garrett lined up meant a problem for the O line.  He seemed to like beating Jonah Williams the most.  The majority of passes Burrow threw were to the right side.  Take the snap, See Garrett bearing down on you and let it fly.  If Collins is ready in week 5 or whenever he can be activated I fully expect the Bengals to release or trade Williams.

Let’s not forget that Collins struggled last year, especially at the beginning of the year. He will now being coming off an ACL and not much practice. So even if you make the switch to Collins, that would just be dumb for the Bengals to get rid of Jonah. We already seen how injuries have killed this team on the Oline in the playoffs. So having a guy like Jonah who could backup either tackle spot is more valuable than letting him go. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, REALSPORT said:

Well, that’s not gonna happen, they released Collins today.