Greenup Co 60 Boyd Co 53

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd Co. Coach Pratt had his shirt in support. lol

I don't know about all of you, but I believe he is one of the most respected men in the 16th region. I didn't put that in the paper about the administration or superintendent!!!!!

The suspension was given the night they were to play in the Boyd County tourny after Xmas........the count wasn't started until school was back in session after the Holiday Break..... I was told that last night was the last day of the suspension.........I don't know if Coach Hicks will be on the bench for Fridays game or not...........I too, am confused.....no word as to what will happen next....strange situation when lawyers are involved.....I wish I knew more........

It is the number of working days. I didn't mention superintendent but the administration knew about these allegations back in August or maybe earlier. Why didn't they say something then? Why did they give Hicks tenure as a teacher? He became tenure this past year. Why isn't this over now, whether he is innocent or guilty; this has been going on before Christmas? Why won't they just appoint Sutton as head coach until further notice instead of switching coaches every game. The kids would react better if there were one head coach.

Greenup has been in turmoil for years now... A lot of controversy has dampened the winning tradition it has. I wish a lot of people will get out of the politics and let "A" coach who knows how to win and treat the kids right do their job.

I agree 100% with everything that you stated. I do believe once they decided to keep him alot of the stuff came up after the fact. I dont believe they were any problems until a complaint filed by a coach was withdrawn and sent up a red flag with the khsaa. That started all the investigations. Sometimes you can shoot your own foot off!!!

I hope I havent left the wrong impression here. I dont want to see these kids have a misrable season. This coaching issue should be worked out at the board meetings or behind closed doors. The gym, on game night is not a place to show your support or if you dont support what is going on. That is the boy's time. Dont take that away from them. Today's Ashland Daily. They could have been another picture of a player in the game. Middleton shooting a jumper or Wolfy getting a steal or one of the Wright twins defending someone, but no, it had a picture of the adults sitting in the stands and the coach sitting there with them.Why does he sit with them? He never sit with them before the suspension. Why now. The focus needs to be on those young men on the floor. Thats why everybody pays their admission not to see the coach or the ref's but the players. When you think of Greenup right now all you think about is the contraversy going on. You dont think that they are 10-4 and is one of the top teams in the region. This is unfair to the players that have worked their who lifes to get to this point. Coaches come and go but this is some of these kids last chance.:mad:

People have protested and fought for what they believe in for many many years. I think that it is great that people stand up for what is right and what they believe in rather than riding the fence and jumping ship. These people are teaching their children how to take a stand for what they believe in. (Some players put on tshirts after the game too.) They are standing up for what they want for their children. The KHSAA is not involved in this investigation. They did not initiate it and most of the allegations they have already ruled on - years ago. The board has been kept in the dark about this whole thing for those who are in power to achieve what they want. The group of people wearing tshirts cheered and clapped for all of those kids - theirs and everyone elses. You want to know why Coach Hicks never sat with the parents before his suspension? He sat on the bench! The parents save seats for him! Nine times out of ten Coach Tharp is beside him. People want Coach Hicks there and they want him back on the bench coaching their kids.

No one here can say that teams are not made before the first game of the season. Do you know how many open gyms and practices that Coach Sutton and Smith have missed? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them on. Coach Hicks teaching and dedication has made this team and they will continue to be successful because of his hard work. I think that you can bet your business that Coach Hicks will be back on that bench. :madman:

People have protested and fought for what they believe in for many many years. I think that it is great that people stand up for what is right and what they believe in rather than riding the fence and jumping ship. These people are teaching their children how to take a stand for what they believe in. (Some players put on tshirts after the game too.) They are standing up for what they want for their children. The KHSAA is not involved in this investigation. They did not initiate it and most of the allegations they have already ruled on - years ago. The board has been kept in the dark about this whole thing for those who are in power to achieve what they want. The group of people wearing tshirts cheered and clapped for all of those kids - theirs and everyone elses. You want to know why Coach Hicks never sat with the parents before his suspension? He sat on the bench! The parents save seats for him! Nine times out of ten Coach Tharp is beside him. People want Coach Hicks there and they want him back on the bench coaching their kids.

No one here can say that teams are not made before the first game of the season. Do you know how many open gyms and practices that Coach Sutton and Smith have missed? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them on. Coach Hicks teaching and dedication has made this team and they will continue to be successful because of his hard work. I think that you can bet your business that Coach Hicks will be back on that bench. :madman:

Nice first post. So your saying it is ok to break rules and still coach. Wonder why he is always under investigation?? So you dont give Sutton or Smith any credit because they wasnt at open gym.:rolleyes: By the way where did Coach Tharp go is he on suspension. Was he there for Hick's or for the team. What do you think the players think about him abandoning them:thumb: . The unfortunute thing is kids are easily brainwashed by adults. Deep down they know the truth and that is why they are still winning!!! I've got a good one "WHY DONT THEY GET SHIRTS THAT SAY I SUPPORT GREENUP COUNTY BASKETBALL" havent seen parents wear to many of them lately.

If a rule was being broken, why is the KHSAA not investigating? Why are the other coaches in the region supporting Coach Hicks? If a KHSAA rule has been broken then if would be an offense to the other coaches and I think it is obvious that they are supporting him. The parent wear shirts supporting Greenup basketball all the time. By wearing an "I SUPPORT COACH HICKS" shirt they are supporting their team too, because they want what is best for the kids. No, I don't give Sutton or Smith any credit for building that team and would personally say that to their face. As for Coach Tharp - he made a personal descision to take a stand and make a statement. No one works with kids for free if they don't care about them.

The people that are brainwashed are those with chips on their shoulders and personal viendettas. Those people are really easy to pick out.

I would think win or lose, that he has coached his last game for GCHS! That is just a hunch on my part- seems too much water under the bridge for both camps- and it will never be a productive situation again as far as the and Coach Hicks.

Sutton looks like he is doing a pretty good job with this team along with Smith. A lot less focus on the sidelines and more on the play on the floor. Those two are doing a great job considering the circumstances. The players seem to have responded well to the interim head coaches.

They sure have. Maybe with all the adversity will help them to become a better team. They play like they are playing like they were in the beginning of the season. Greenup's defense was very good tues night and almost every shooter was contested.