Greenup Co 60 Boyd Co 53

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Greenup tonight. They played very well. Nice game plan by Coach Sutton. I saw something amazing. Greenup County is up on Boyd by 17 at one time. Nobody in the gym seems excited. It is a shame that the Adults in that gym dont have enough sense (especially the parents of the kids) to cheer for the kids and support them. Hicks has made this about himself and completely taken the attention away from the players. These boys have worked their whole life to get to this point, dont take that away from them. I heard about it but I didnt believe it until I seen it tonight. Wake up Greenup Supporter's NOBODY is bigger than the program. Shame on you. Put your kids and these players first. How do you think it makes them feel when there trying to play as hard as they can, and look up and see you sitting by the ex-coach with a shirt on supporting him. How is he suppose to listen to the coach in huddle or respect that coach. You are not hurting nobody but your own kid. He broke the rules, he has to life with it.The kids shouldnt pay the price. Dont let him take your kids season away. Especially the seniors. Get the focus back where it belongs. ON THE PLAYERS and TEAM. He will be gone, Mabe coaching at another school and these boys will never get this back once its over. What message is it sending to our kids that it is OK to brake the rules and we will look the other way and still suppport you. Does breaking the rules go on at other schools? YES does it make it right NO. What

are we teaching our kids by supporting someone that has clearly done wrong. And the ones supporting him knows excactly what this is all about. These Kids have a chance to do something great. This team is good enough to make some noise at the Region but that's not gona happen without the support of the fans and especially the parents. Dont wait until its too late. Put the focus back where it belongs. ON THE TEAM:irked: :irked: :irked:

I was at Greenup tonight. They played very well. Nice game plan by Coach Sutton. I saw something amazing. Greenup County is up on Boyd by 17 at one time. Nobody in the gym seems excited. It is a shame that the Adults in that gym dont have enough sense (especially the parents of the kids) to cheer for the kids and support them. Hicks has made this about himself and completely taken the attention away from the players. These boys have worked their whole life to get to this point, dont take that away from them. I heard about it but I didnt believe it until I seen it tonight. Wake up Greenup Supporter's NOBODY is bigger than the program. Shame on you. Put your kids and these players first. How do you think it makes them feel when there trying to play as hard as they can, and look up and see you sitting by the ex-coach with a shirt on supporting him. How is he suppose to listen to the coach in huddle or respect that coach. You are not hurting nobody but your own kid. He broke the rules, he has to life with it.The kids shouldnt pay the price. Dont let him take your kids season away. Especially the seniors. Get the focus back where it belongs. ON THE PLAYERS and TEAM. He will be gone, Mabe coaching at another school and these boys will never get this back once its over. What message is it sending to our kids that it is OK to brake the rules and we will look the other way and still suppport you. Does breaking the rules go on at other schools? YES does it make it right NO. What

are we teaching our kids by supporting someone that has clearly done wrong. And the ones supporting him knows excactly what this is all about. These Kids have a chance to do something great. This team is good enough to make some noise at the Region but that's not gona happen without the support of the fans and especially the parents. Dont wait until its too late. Put the focus back where it belongs. ON THE TEAM:irked: :irked: :irked:

Man have you jumped ship on this one!!!????:confused: He did not break the the rules alone, now did he??

Man have you jumped ship on this one!!!????:confused: He did not break the the rules alone, now did he??

C'mon Rams78, haven't you seen Champion cruisin' around in his black robe, gavel in hand? He's already ruled on this one!

If you were at the game you would know a lot of people were cheering during the game. The adults were cheering more than the pep section was. If we are talking about "It's all about the kids" why did the administration makes this move by suspended Hicks in the middle of the season instead of after the season. It is for the kids right? If it is for the kids the administration should let Hicks coach this season out so we won't have all of this DRAMA. He should not have been suspended during the season if it's all about the kids. No other administration would have made this move during the season. Go to the next board meeting if your wanting to discuss about why "Its about the kids". who agrees?

If you were at the game you would know a lot of people were cheering during the game. The adults were cheering more than the pep section was. If we are talking about "It's all about the kids" why did the administration makes this move by suspended Hicks in the middle of the season instead of after the season. It is for the kids right? If it is for the kids the administration should let Hicks coach this season out so we won't have all of this DRAMA. He should not have been suspended during the season if it's all about the kids. No other administration would have made this move during the season. Go to the next board meeting if your wanting to discuss about why "Its about the kids". who agrees?

When you break khsaa rules you dont have a choice when you serve your suspension or any other rule for that matter. Mabe the administration feels that the players will do just fine without him. (which they are). So your saying even though they done an investigation and found wrong doing that they should turn their head and just let him finish the season. What kind of example is that setting for the students in the school system. As a coach under KHSAA rules you cant pick and choose when you want to take your suspension. If I had a player that was a senior that broke khsaa rules, I think I would just let him sit out after the season was over. That makes alot of sense. Its a whole lot easier to support some one openly than it is to not to support them. They was 1000 people at the game last night. 20 had support t-shirts on 980 didnt. How many of them dont support him???? how many dont care?? Who knows. You cant blame the administration for doing an investigation that was brought on by the KHSAA. They did their job. And to bash the superintendent in the paper is rediculous. He is the only reason he got to start this season. What are we teaching our kids? Our school Administration's time could be better spent on other important school issues. This is a distration to the whole school system.

If what I read in the Daily Independent was right, the suspension was for a number of working school days, not for a specific number of basketball games.......

If that is the case I was unaware. I didn't remember it saying that the suspension was for x number of days which equates to x games. I was under the impression that it was stating the suspension in number of games only. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I hope I havent left the wrong impression here. I dont want to see these kids have a misrable season. This coaching issue should be worked out at the board meetings or behind closed doors. The gym, on game night is not a place to show your support or if you dont support what is going on. That is the boy's time. Dont take that away from them. Today's Ashland Daily. They could have been another picture of a player in the game. Middleton shooting a jumper or Wolfy getting a steal or one of the Wright twins defending someone, but no, it had a picture of the adults sitting in the stands and the coach sitting there with them.Why does he sit with them? He never sit with them before the suspension. Why now. The focus needs to be on those young men on the floor. Thats why everybody pays their admission not to see the coach or the ref's but the players. When you think of Greenup right now all you think about is the contraversy going on. You dont think that they are 10-4 and is one of the top teams in the region. This is unfair to the players that have worked their who lifes to get to this point. Coaches come and go but this is some of these kids last chance.:mad:

No apology needed, that was just my opinion..........I hope they can resolve the whole matter and put it behind them......then, the team will know who is going to lead them............sure seems to be bad timing....

Was it your opinion that it was a number of working days or was it what the paper printed? I am confused.

It is the number of working days. I didn't mention superintendent but the administration knew about these allegations back in August or maybe earlier. Why didn't they say something then? Why did they give Hicks tenure as a teacher? He became tenure this past year. Why isn't this over now, whether he is innocent or guilty; this has been going on before Christmas? Why won't they just appoint Sutton as head coach until further notice instead of switching coaches every game. The kids would react better if there were one head coach.

Greenup has been in turmoil for years now... A lot of controversy has dampened the winning tradition it has. I wish a lot of people will get out of the politics and let "A" coach who knows how to win and treat the kids right do their job.