WestDanville

Who wins?   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scott County
    • Boyle County

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Couple of places downtown that are good.  La Cosa Nostra which is Italian.  Copper and Oak, casual dining with gourmet burgers, steaks, chicken.  Cattleman's, Cheddars, Asuka hibachi and sushi, Mi Pueblo mexican, all are on the bypass.  We have what seems like 12 mexican restaurants but MiP is my personal favorite.  Although there is a newer one called Sabor Americana that's pretty darn good.  There is also a Wings and Rings but you are taking about a 50/50 chance on getting your food before the game is over with. 

Copper and Oak!

• Like 2

I honestly can’t get a feel on this game. I think Scott County can make this competitive, and make Boyle work for it, but I can also see Boyle beating them by a bunch.

So, might as well throw all that out the window and take Scott County with the upset, 35-34.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burreaux said:

Boyle has always done very well against teams that are one dimensional. I know Scott County can throw it, but they definitely lean on their rushing attacking more. I think Boyle takes this one and it isn't particularly competitive.

Boyle 40

Scott County 20

Scott County’s one dimensional offense is much different than your usual one dimensional teams. They are so good with how they run their offense, it makes it very hard for teams to stop it. Especially teams that never usually play against that type of offense, it’s almost impossible truly get your defense prepared for it in practice. Because no one scout teams are even going to come close to giving a defense a truly good look at what they are about to see. 

I think Boyle wins, but will be competitive and Scott County scores more than 30. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Scott County’s one dimensional offense is much different than your usual one dimensional teams. They are so good with how they run their offense, it makes it very hard for teams to stop it. Especially teams that never usually play against that type of offense, it’s almost impossible truly get your defense prepared for it in practice. Because no one scout teams are even going to come close to giving a defense a truly good look at what they are about to see. 

I think Boyle wins, but will be competitive and Scott County scores more than 30. 

I agree and no one in KY runs the Wing T better than Scott County in high school football. And it’s very hard to practice or prepare for.

• Like 1

I think this is a very interesting game and I’ll be surprised if it’s a blowout like some are thinking. Anything is possible but I’d be surprised. I believe that Boyle has more talent, but if not used to the Wing T, it is hard to stop and no one in the state runs it better than Scott County. I think this will be high scoring with whoever has the ball last winning. Good luck to both teams, should be an awesome game.

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

More than 30 is a lot, especially against a great defense like Boyle. That's basically 5 TD drives. How many drives does each team get in a typical HS game? 7-12? I just can't see them driving down the field that often against this defense, unless they are gifted seriously good field position from special teams and turnovers.

Scott County hasn't played anyone tough this year so far. The teams they have played own a combined record of 3-6. The level of competition is about to get dramatically turned up. Speaking of scout teams being unable to adequately prepare for a game, there's no team in the state (maybe Freddy D) that can properly simulate the level of athleticism that Boyle has.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burreaux said:

More than 30 is a lot, especially against a great defense like Boyle. That's basically 5 TD drives. How many drives does each team get in a typical HS game? 7-12? I just can't see them driving down the field that often against this defense, unless they are gifted seriously good field position from special teams and turnovers.

Scott County hasn't played anyone tough this year so far. The teams they have played own a combined record of 3-6. The level of competition is about to get dramatically turned up. Speaking of scout teams being unable to adequately prepare for a game, there's no team in the state (maybe Freddy D) that can properly simulate the level of athleticism that Boyle has.

Hence why I didn’t say anything about Scott County being able to stop Boyle, and why I said I think Boyle wins. I think Boyle will score a lot in this one.  I just think it will be more competitive than you think and a little higher scoring. We will find out on Friday. 

12 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

🤐🤐🤐

The Rebel faithful aren’t out here saying anything about 15-0! Just want to win the last playoff game of the year. FD should and will be favored vs Boyle on October 27th. Just hope we can keep that one closer than last year. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

I'm expecting the visitors gameplan to be:

Run the ball and the clock, and keep the Rebel offense off the field as long as possible.  A shootout would be unlikely. Either Boyle wins by a lot, or loses by a TD.

I said something similar to a friend of mine earlier except I said Boyle will either win by 7 or 37. I watched Scott County versus Lincoln online and I’m very concerned about Scott County’s ability to stop Boyle. Lincoln moved the ball well just didn’t finish drives. 

• Like 1