Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Highlands
      74%
    • Lexington Catholic
      25%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/18/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

23 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Someone asked and I answered.  

Hmmm... well, if we're answering questions I'll bite... how did the AD drop the ball on the MS game? 

  • Replies 197
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I remember last year a whole lot of hype for the birds and they got stomped by South Warren week 1..  Give me Lex Cath by 10. 

  • Kenny Powers
    Kenny Powers

    I will try to give updates as it goes. 

  • throwback32
    throwback32

    Littmer has a TON of physical talent and athleticism with a HUGE future at Highlands, but I think they would be doing this team a disservice to not give 90% of the QB snaps to Benke.  With how he play

5 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Hmmm... well, if we're answering questions I'll bite... how did the AD drop the ball on the MS game? 

Don’t know all of the specifics just what I was told by someone close to the situation.  When and if I find out more I will share.  Simply relaying what I was told.

There was going to be a middle school game in Lexington between Highlands and LC on a school day? Would that being possible logistically?

13 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Don’t know all of the specifics just what I was told by someone close to the situation.  When and if I find out more I will share.  Simply relaying what I was told.

When the game was originally setup by coach Sphire and coach Bathiany, the idea was to have the game on the opening Saturday of the season and have Jr High games, a frosh game then the Varsity as the night cap. Cool idea. Unfortunately, when the actual scheduling occurred, the game was scheduled on Friday when school was back in session thus making the non Varsity games difficult to play. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

When the game was originally setup by coach Sphire and coach Bathiany, the idea was to have the game on the opening Saturday of the season and have Jr High games, a frosh game then the Varsity as the night cap. Cool idea. Unfortunately, when the actual scheduling occurred, the game was scheduled on Friday when school was back in session thus making the non Varsity games difficult to play. 

This was my understanding as well. 

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

When the game was originally setup by coach Sphire and coach Bathiany, the idea was to have the game on the opening Saturday of the season and have Jr High games, a frosh game then the Varsity as the night cap. Cool idea. Unfortunately, when the actual scheduling occurred, the game was scheduled on Friday when school was back in session thus making the non Varsity games difficult to play. 

This is exactly how it went down from what I was told. It happens. 

57 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

When the game was originally setup by coach Sphire and coach Bathiany, the idea was to have the game on the opening Saturday of the season and have Jr High games, a frosh game then the Varsity as the night cap. Cool idea. Unfortunately, when the actual scheduling occurred, the game was scheduled on Friday when school was back in session thus making the non Varsity games difficult to play. 

That is my understanding as well.  Per my source the AD was not aware of that arrangement and set the game for Friday thus cancelling the other games.  It was also my understanding that the middle school games were scrimmages, so no big deal at the end of the day.

So you mean the Lex Cath AD. Sounds like it got lost in the Coach Bathiany move. 

Getting back to the game, I think Highlands may actually win pretty big.  

LexCath has Joe Schlarman at center. Also have some pretty good receivers.

 

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Getting back to the game, I think Highlands may actually win pretty big.  

If we are to believe half the hype I agree.

Does anyone really know what to expect in game 1 of the season?  How are both teams on the injury front?  How about special teams?  

6 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Does anyone really know what to expect in game 1 of the season?  How are both teams on the injury front?  How about special teams?  

It is very hard to say.  I saw Highlands scrimmage for a half but I still don't have a solid feel for them.

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

If we are to believe half the hype I agree.

I like the attitude and energy that Bathiany brought to LexCath.  New coach may be as good or even better, we will see.  But LexCath isn't pulling the kids it used to pull either.  I think they are fortunate to have dropped to 3A.  

I hope it's an injury free game for both teams.

I don't have any inside information, lost my spy guy to someone in a higher place. I miss him.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.