Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Highlands
      74%
    • Lexington Catholic
      25%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/18/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Close game but I root for Benke and his crew and think they get the W.

Looking for Class to have a stellar season too. Has he had any colleges show interest or offers?

  • Replies 197
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I remember last year a whole lot of hype for the birds and they got stomped by South Warren week 1..  Give me Lex Cath by 10. 

  • Kenny Powers
    Kenny Powers

    I will try to give updates as it goes. 

  • throwback32
    throwback32

    Littmer has a TON of physical talent and athleticism with a HUGE future at Highlands, but I think they would be doing this team a disservice to not give 90% of the QB snaps to Benke.  With how he play

  • Author
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Close game but I root for Benke and his crew and think they get the W.

Looking for Class to have a stellar season too. Has he had any colleges show interest or offers?

Benke, IMO, is the straw that stirs the drink; as he goes, the Birds go. There is a lot of QB talent behind him, especially in Litmer, but he needs some seasoning. I would expect both to see a lot of time AT THE SAME TIME. Hayden Sphire has a lot of talent to work with and I hope he makes it work. 

In terms of Class, I hope to see him get some interest. Unfortunately, 6'1-6'2 WRs who have above average speed are commonplace today. I would argue that Carson may be better suited at the next level on defense. He does have some of the best hands I've seen at the high school level. 

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Benke, IMO, is the straw that stirs the drink; as he goes, the Birds go. There is a lot of QB talent behind him, especially in Litmer, but he needs some seasoning. I would expect both to see a lot of time AT THE SAME TIME. Hayden Sphire has a lot of talent to work with and I hope he makes it work. 

In terms of Class, I hope to see him get some interest. Unfortunately, 6'1-6'2 WRs who have above average speed are commonplace today. I would argue that Carson may be better suited at the next level on defense. He does have some of the best hands I've seen at the high school level. 

Littmer has a TON of physical talent and athleticism with a HUGE future at Highlands, but I think they would be doing this team a disservice to not give 90% of the QB snaps to Benke.  With how he played last year, and how he leads this team, he has to be the man.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

Littmer has a TON of physical talent and athleticism with a HUGE future at Highlands, but I think they would be doing this team a disservice to not give 90% of the QB snaps to Benke.  With how he played last year, and how he leads this team, he has to be the man.

Feels, throwback, feels. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, bluecolonels95 said:

LC got a new coach, always a learning curve the first year installing a new system so I will take Highlands. 

This is an underrated factor in this game. Surely Sphire - with all the good vibes swirling around Highlands right now - can best a first year coach, right? I would hope so. Otherwise, it's a worse look than last year's egg laying at the Rafferty's Bowl. 

Benke looks strong based on what I've seen of the scrimmages. He and Carson Class look primed for big years. Ditto for Giesler. And reports of the offensive line stimulate the belief that this year could be a return to form. From the outside looking in, Sphire has the pieces in place to wake up the echoes.  

LexCath won't be a pushover, though. Wasik is a great quarterback that can keep the Knights in this. I don't have him on the top tier with Boley and Hodge, but he's as accurate a passer as we have and very crafty. Great escapability to extend plays. 

Between he and Benke, we've got a fantastic quarterback duel on tap here.

If the Highlands scrimmage against Male is any indication of their capability, and if Male is really the #2 team in the state overall, this season could be very special for the Bluebirds.  I like Highlands to score a lot of points in this game.  If the defense plays the way  I expect, I see a 42- 21 game.  

I heard on the Prepspin coaches show that the middle school game scheduled for 6PM had fallen through.  Is that correct?

6 hours ago, Bluebird said:

I heard on the Prepspin coaches show that the middle school game scheduled for 6PM had fallen through.  Is that correct?

Correct.  AD dropped the ball.

18 hours ago, throwback32 said:

Littmer has a TON of physical talent and athleticism with a HUGE future at Highlands, but I think they would be doing this team a disservice to not give 90% of the QB snaps to Benke.  With how he played last year, and how he leads this team, he has to be the man.

Agreed. I don’t understand the theory that moving Benke around at WR and RB throughout the game helps them win. They’re loaded at those positions and don’t need Benke taking extra licks or becoming a target for opportunity seekers.  It would be an absolute shame if something happened to him outside of the pocket that cost them a shot at a championship. They’ve got a ton of talent and a legit shot at bringing back the hardware to Fort Thomas. The younger kids will get their turn eventually. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, bluecolonels95 said:

LC got a new coach, always a learning curve the first year installing a new system so I will take Highlands. 

Just playing Devil's Advocate, wouldn't it also be difficult to anticipate what LC could do in that first game? There's no "real" tape on them yet, and that could be an advantage for the Knights.

6 minutes ago, 1959 said:

Agreed. I don’t understand the theory that moving Benke around at WR and RB throughout the game helps them win. They’re loaded at those positions and don’t need Benke taking extra licks or becoming a target for opportunity seekers.  It would be an absolute shame if something happened to him outside of the pocket that cost them a shot at a championship. They’ve got a ton of talent and a legit shot at bringing back the hardware to Fort Thomas. The younger kids will get their turn eventually. 

100% spot on with this take.  JoLo didn’t start as a sophomore.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Correct.  AD dropped the ball.

Interested to hear how the AD dropped the ball on a MS game... 

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Interested to hear how the AD dropped the ball on a MS game... 

Someone asked and I answered.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.