2023 Fantasy Football Season

FatNate

Leading going into tonight’s game.  My opponent has WR Smith from the Eagles.  I have a decent lead, but it is possible to get beat.  I played the wrong RBs this week but Goff had a huge day!  Should be a good sweat for me tonight and hoping to move on.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FatNate said:

Leading going into tonight’s game.  My opponent has WR Smith from the Eagles.  I have a decent lead, but it is possible to get beat.  I played the wrong RBs this week but Goff had a huge day!  Should be a good sweat for me tonight and hoping to move on.  

I left Goff on the bench sitting next to Tee Higgins in one league, which will keep me from advancing. A big day from James Cook and Chris Godwin has me moving on in my big money league.

58 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My team absolutely exploded, even guys on my bench had big days. I hope they saved some points for me in the semi-finals.

My draft was atrocious. I think 5 of my top 7 picks aren't even on my team anymore. Started 0-3. Fortunately, small 8 team family leagues presents a lot of move options. I went 9-3 the rest of the way and tied for first going into tonight. Need big games out of AJ Brown and Elliott to stay in front of the team I am tied with. Regardless, overjoyed to be in the playoffs as one of the top 2 seeds. Unlikely I will win but fantasy football is about 50% luck so you never know.

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

My draft was atrocious. I think 5 of my top 7 picks aren't even on my team anymore. Started 0-3. Fortunately, small 8 team family leagues presents a lot of move options. I went 9-3 the rest of the way and tied for first going into tonight. Need big games out of AJ Brown and Elliott to stay in front of the team I am tied with. Regardless, overjoyed to be in the playoffs as one of the top 2 seeds. Unlikely I will win but fantasy football is about 50% luck so you never know.

Man, what a turnaround!

• Thanks 1

I somehow made it through to the Championship in my bigger money league. A big day from Nacua and 17 points from my kicker allowed me to hold on. I was up 29 points going into last nights game, but my opponent had McCaffrey. After he scored 19 points in the first half I thought I was in trouble. Then late in the 4th quarter I was up 4 but the 49ers had the ball on the 2. The Ravens stopped him just short of the goal line, and then Darnold took a sack and all was good. 

How did everyone do in their fantasy football league this year? I finished 4th during the season. I went from 1st to 10th because of injuries. After getting my players back I moved back to first then dropped back to fourth. I qualified for the playoffs and just won the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, newarkcatholicfan said:

How did everyone do in their fantasy football league this year? I finished 4th during the season. I went from 1st to 10th because of injuries. After getting my players back I moved back to first then dropped back to fourth. I qualified for the playoffs and just won the Super Bowl.

I won my big money league for the second time in the last 3 years. Lots of luck is what got me there. Won the semi finals when McCraffrey got stopped, and won the championship yesterday because two opposing players got hurt and couldn't finish the game. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any interest in organizing BGP league next year?   It’s a mile off but it’s something to think about next summer.  Should be pretty easy to do an online draft. Pay through one of the cash apps.  Keep it simple and cheap.  Might be fun. 

7 hours ago, FatNate said:

Anyone have any interest in organizing BGP league next year?   It’s a mile off but it’s something to think about next summer.  Should be pretty easy to do an online draft. Pay through one of the cash apps.  Keep it simple and cheap.  Might be fun. 

I would. We've tried this in the past and have had a hard time finding a volunteer to be the commissioner.

19 hours ago, FatNate said:

I'd play, assuming I could make the draft.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:56 PM, PP1 said:

I would. We've tried this in the past and have had a hard time finding a volunteer to be the commissioner.

I would consider commishing it, if someone else will be the treasurer and handle the money.  Run it through yahoo.  Head to head league. 8-man playoffs.  12-man ppr standard type scoring.  $25 per team.  All money goes to SB winner and runner up.  Let the website run everything.  Online draft with 90-second pick window.  If we have trouble filling the league with BGP members we could recruit some friends.  Biggest issue will be setting a draft time.  Let’s talk again in June. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...